+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entered wrong amount for cost of studies in Application for Study Permit

SiRo

May 7, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Hello, I am heading to Canada for a 16 month Master's degree. In the IMM1294E form (Application for Student Permit made outside of Canada) there is a field "The cost of my studies will be", containing 3 sub-fields "Tuition", "Room and board", and "Other". I accidentally entered the values with respect to my entire program length, (eg tuition fees for my entire program is about 43000 CAD). However, I later found out that it should be only for the first academic year. Which in my case is about 33000 CAD. Even in my admission letter, they have only mentioned the first years tuition fees, not the entire programs.

What should I do? Should I raise a webform to correct it? Or is it a benign mistake and they will understand?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello, I am heading to Canada for a 16 month Master's degree. In the IMM1294E form (Application for Student Permit made outside of Canada) there is a field "The cost of my studies will be", containing 3 sub-fields "Tuition", "Room and board", and "Other". I accidentally entered the values with respect to my entire program length, (eg tuition fees for my entire program is about 43000 CAD). However, I later found out that it should be only for the first academic year. Which in my case is about 33000 CAD. Even in my admission letter, they have only mentioned the first years tuition fees, not the entire programs.

What should I do? Should I raise a webform to correct it? Or is it a benign mistake and they will understand?
Shouldn't matter. As long as you showed enough funds to cover the tuition (as shown in LOA) + living expenses for the first year.

SiRo

May 7, 2021
Category........
STUDY
@wonderbly thanks for your reply. Yes, I did show enough funds to cover the entire program, plus I have a GIC of 10000 CAD. But my 1st year tuition fees receipt shows 33000 CAD. I am worried they'll see the 43000CAD amount written on my application and think I didn't pay the full 1st year fees. I'm applying under SDS by the way.

winlife

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
@SiRo Worse that will happen is that they will move my application from SDS to Non-SDS. But like someone here said, it probably doesnt matter. Create a webform and ask them what to do, just to be sure.