+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enough points and still confused!

akarshank

Oct 13, 2015
Hi All,

I have done my Masters from UofT and have a total work experience of 4.5 years, 2+ at an MNC and 2+ in my family business. I am in the process of filling my EE application. Per the score calculator, my total score is 508. If I don't show my family business experience then it is 483 (good enough for an ITA). I have three specific questions:

1. Can I apply with my 2+ years MNC experience and 483 score without declaring my family business experience? Am I in the wrong here?

2. If I do declare the family business experience, what sort of documentation can I provide? I am not sure whether an experience letter with duties would be satisfactory.

3. What is the minimum amount of funds needed, and can the entire amount be in a bank account in foreign country?

Thanks,
akarshank

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
You can skip your family experience. It is absolutely okay to do that. You can add it in personal history once you get ita. People do that all the time. They just skip any experience that doesn't fetch points and add it in personal history later.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
akarshank said:
Hi All,

I have done my Masters from UofT and have a total work experience of 4.5 years, 2+ at an MNC and 2+ in my family business. I am in the process of filling my EE application. Per the score calculator, my total score is 508. If I don't show my family business experience then it is 483 (good enough for an ITA). I have three specific questions:

1. Can I apply with my 2+ years MNC experience and 483 score without declaring my family business experience? Am I in the wrong here? A: Just provide your MNC experience. Don't complicate your application with family business experience if you don't require due to high score.

2. If I do declare the family business experience, what sort of documentation can I provide? I am not sure whether an experience letter with duties would be satisfactory. A: As above

3. What is the minimum amount of funds needed, and can the entire amount be in a bank account in foreign country? A: Yes. For fund details check LICO

Thanks,
akarshank

akarshank

Oct 13, 2015
DEEPCUR said:
You can skip your family experience. It is absolutely okay to do that. You can add it in personal history once you get ita. People do that all the time. They just skip any experience that doesn't fetch points and add it in personal history later.
Thank you! Appreciate your help :)