Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
19-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011
LANDED..........
09-06-2011
I'm going through spouse sponsorship and at this moment everything was approved from CIC Canada. now my wife's applications have arrived in sri lanka. i received this email from immigration that i don't understand, because i have already sent in the clearance certificate when i send the application to Mississauga. this is the email i received. if someone can explain to me if i have misunderstood this email. what i think is they must have misplaced the clearance certificate some ware. ???

We require the following information in order to continue processing the application.

( ) Please provide Original Police Clearance from the Police Headquarters, Colombo 1, for yourself which covers the period from birth to date. The Police Certificate should contain yours/ theirs residential address(s) as listed in the Q:15 of schedule 1 of your application. It should not refer to your mailing address if different or consultant’s address.

The information /documents we have requested should be provided to us within 60 days from the date of this letter. No further requests will be made. If we do not receive the information within the time indicated, we will proceed to assess the application based on the information on file which may result in refusal.

Thank you.

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
It's possible they didn't find it in the application package you sent, or have lost it. Are you certain the certificate you sent meets the specific address criteria they refer to?

If you have a photocopy send that, along with a note that you already included the original when submitting the application.

Also, I would suggest you order a new certificate ASAP, and send that once it arrives.

Sep 21, 2010
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-12-2010
I think, they have seen those documents that you mentioned above along with your application package. But they're just aren't so convinced with that docs that you provided and they want to make sure with what they are doing so they asked you the same docs as what you've submitted in order to proceed for further processing(in like manner, it gives them doubts). so better secure another original copy of that docs and submit to them in your earliest possible time to avoid delays of your application's processing time.

I gonna share this experience with you... During the time that I sent my app package to CPC-M... I surely attached/enclosed all the required docs to my app. So, I expected that there'll be no other docs that they gonna asked from me. But I'm mistaken because they sent me an AOR with PPR, and additional docs(Advisory On Marriages and Personal History). Though, I already sent them my AOM and PH last June when I filed my app.
So in my own understanding... they aren't contented/convinced with what I sent earlier and they just want those docs to make sure... I don't think they never seen it because I stapled those docs in my app.

hope this helps... any ideas and experiences from anyone here... cheers...

javcil

Star Member
Mar 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/01/2010
AOR Received.
01/03/2010
File Transfer...
04/02/2010
Med's Done....
11/12/2009
Interview........
21/04/2010
Passport Req..
21/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
22/04/2010
LANDED..........
16/07/2010
We sent an original Police Clearance certificate without realizing we needed to send in an ARCHIVED clearance. They requested this a couple of weeks after they received the app. Are you from a country which requires the archived record? Just wondering because they are asking for records from birth to present.