+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English Language Proof for the Interview after the Test

mr-sam

Jun 2, 2010
Hi guys,

I got an invitation to write my citizenship test at Scarborough CIC office. The letter says that I have to bring all ORIGINAL documents that I have submitted as copies with my citizenship application. My concern is regarding the IELTS score report as I don’t have original copy. When I did the IELTS exam, they sent me only one original copy which I have submitted to CIC during my PR application.

Guys who did the interview, can you please let me know if they asked you about the original IELTS report or if it was ok for them to see a copy.

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr-sam said:
Hi guys,

I got an invitation to write my citizenship test at Scarborough CIC office. The letter says that I have to bring all ORIGINAL documents that I have submitted as copies with my citizenship application. My concern is regarding the IELTS score report as I don't have original copy. When I did the IELTS exam, they sent me only one original copy which I have submitted to CIC during my PR application.

Guys who did the interview, can you please let me know if they asked you about the original IELTS report or if it was ok for them to see a copy.

They only asked me for passport, pr card id's and record of landing at
The time of interview.

mr-sam

Jun 2, 2010
Thanks Elk-hunter. Did you have the IELTS original report with you? or is it only me who got only one original report that was submitted during the PR application?

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr-sam said:
Thanks Elk-hunter. Did you have the IELTS original report with you? or is it only me who got only one original report that was submitted during the PR application?
Hey there, couple of things:
-During the interview they only asked for my original CORP, passport and IDs
-The officer had the entire application I submitted, so if there is anything you sent to them, they'll have it

good luck!

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
mr-sam said:
I received only one copy of the IELTS that I sent with my PR application. I received all the originals including the IELTS with the COPR.
So I do have the original IELTS and COPR all set for the test on Oct 2...

Tayara

Feb 1, 2013
Hi,
All original documents submitted with the citizenship application must be presented by the applicant at the time of testing or hearing for confirmation except for any third-party test results which are listed in Appendix A. These applicants will have already submitted the original for immigration purposes and will no longer have it in their possession.

mr-sam

Jun 2, 2010
OrangeCup said:
Hey there, couple of things:
-During the interview they only asked for my original CORP, passport and IDs
-The officer had the entire application I submitted, so if there is anything you sent to them, they'll have it

good luck!
Thank you for the reply. The original IELTS score report was submitted with my PR application, not with my citizenship application and I didn't get it back from them. Hopefully they can also check the documents that were send with the PR application.

mr-sam

Jun 2, 2010
cprak0 said:
I received only one copy of the IELTS that I sent with my PR application. I received all the originals including the IELTS with the COPR.
So I do have the original IELTS and COPR all set for the test on Oct 2...
Thanks for the reply. You are lucky that they gave you back the original IELTS score report. I didn't get it back from them.

Good luck for your test !

mr-sam

Jun 2, 2010
Tayara said:
Hi,
All original documents submitted with the citizenship application must be presented by the applicant at the time of testing or hearing for confirmation except for any third-party test results which are listed in Appendix A. These applicants will have already submitted the original for immigration purposes and will no longer have it in their possession.
Thanks Tayara. Where did u see this? do u have a link for where is this written on the CIC website?

plus

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Call IELTS and ask them to send you another original of your results.
They may charge you a fee but all worth it I think -also ask if they can expedite it with a courier service.
Just my 2 cents
mr-sam said:
Thanks Tayara. Where did u see this? do u have a link for where is this written on the CIC website?

Tayara

Feb 1, 2013
plus said:
They may charge you a fee but all worth it I think -also ask if they can expedite it with a courier service.
Just my 2 cents
After taking IELTS, you will receive one copy of your Test Report form (TRF) and this cannot be replaced.

If you need additional copies to be sent to recognising organisations however, please contact your IELTS centre for assistance. Your centre may charge an administration fee for providing this service. Your centre cannot send additional TRFs if your test was taken more two years ago.

mr-sam

Jun 2, 2010
plus said:
Just my 2 cents

I checked the IELTS website which mentioned that if the test was done more than 2 years ago (which is my case), then they can't send u original copy.

"IELTS results are valid for two years from the date of your test. Once these two years have passed, the test centre is not able to produce new copies of your results"

Tayara

Feb 1, 2013
mr-sam said:
You can order an original of your Ielts test report if you took the test in the last two years.
I assume you took the test longer than 2 years.

plus

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Take a print from IELTS website that states this: "IELTS results are valid for two years from the date of your test. Once these two years have passed, the test centre is not able to produce new copies of your results"
This provides justification to you not being able to procure a original result
mr-sam said:
I checked the IELTS website which mentioned that if the test was done more than 2 years ago (which is my case), then they can't send u original copy.

"IELTS results are valid for two years from the date of your test. Once these two years have passed, the test centre is not able to produce new copies of your results"