+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English language proficiency...help

gp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I and my wife came to Canada in 2010. we both had given IELTS academic in 2009 and have scores 8.5 each. .Ielts (Academic) was accepted in 2009 for immigartion purposes. But reading the guidelines and the forumn, it seems that will not be accepted for citizenship application now.

I also have Engineering Degree from India and everything was taught in English . Would that be acceptable for English Launguage proficiency? Guidelines say Degree from Canada or Abroad..

If not this is such a big scam. Everyone knows Ielts academic is tougher to crack than general.

Is there an alternate to take the test again...???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it doesn't really seem fair that they have excluded academic from the list even thought it was allowed for PR applications in the past.

If you can prove that your course was completely in English, that evidence may be sufficient. Otherwise, the cheapest re-take option as far as I know is CELPIP General LS

gp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Yes, it doesn't really seem fair that they have excluded academic from the list even thought it was allowed for PR applications in the past.

If you can prove that your course was completely in English, that evidence may be sufficient. Otherwise, the cheapest re-take option as far as I know is CELPIP General LS
Thank you Leon .
A specific question to all.
Has anyone here used their Degree/Diploma obtained in India as proof of English language requirement ??

Zaynab

Sep 12, 2013
gp said:
Thank you Leon .
A specific question to all.
Has anyone here used their Degree/Diploma obtained in India as proof of English language requirement ??
yes i used my indian high school DIploma as proof of english language

gp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zaynab said:
yes i used my indian high school DIploma as proof of english language
Excellent , that should do. I will send my degree with transcripts. :) Saves me hassle of taking test again. Thanks

Zaynab

Sep 12, 2013
gp said:
Excellent , that should do. I will send my degree with transcripts. :) Saves me hassle of taking test again. Thanks
when I have submitted my citizenship application and provided my Canadian English grade 12 report card and transcripts they didn't accept that.
then they send it back 5 times i decide to add my indian high school diploma and ques what they just opened my ECAS
the first time i sent my application was -21 oct 2012

Mailed application - 18 june 13
Application received by CIC - 21 june 13
Started processing application - 09 sept 13

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You engineering degree is fine to prove English proficiency. i used my master's degree and they accepted it though i added addition documents too.

gp said:
I and my wife came to Canada in 2010. we both had given IELTS academic in 2009 and have scores 8.5 each. .Ielts (Academic) was accepted in 2009 for immigartion purposes. But reading the guidelines and the forumn, it seems that will not be accepted for citizenship application now.

I also have Engineering Degree from India and everything was taught in English . Would that be acceptable for English Launguage proficiency? Guidelines say Degree from Canada or Abroad..

If not this is such a big scam. Everyone knows Ielts academic is tougher to crack than general.

Is there an alternate to take the test again...???