+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English eligibilty test

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all how are you guys !!
I am back again but this time my younger brothers are eligible for citizenship.

They both went to high school here in Saskatchewan but did not completely graduate in grade 12 . They both got the transcript for all courses they were taking which include English as an additional language B 10L / A20L.
They earned 1 credit in those two English classes.
They have got in certificate which says TRANSCRIPT OS SECONDARY LEVEL ACHIEVEMENT.

Wondering is that certificate is enough to prove their language proficiency??

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hello all how are you guys !!
I am back again but this time my younger brothers are eligible for citizenship.

They both went to high school here in Saskatchewan but did not completely graduate in grade 12 . They both got the transcript for all courses they were taking which include English as an additional language B 10L / A20L.
They earned 1 credit in those two English classes.
They have got in certificate which says TRANSCRIPT OS SECONDARY LEVEL ACHIEVEMENT.

Wondering is that certificate is enough to prove their language proficiency??
If they have studied in Canada and have the transcript as well then they are good. No need for any further certificates.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they have studied in Canada and have the transcript as well then they are good. No need for any further certificates.
Thank you and they have the transcript for grade 12 .
but they needed more credits to go to university.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
The requirement is:
  • A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
The transcript itself is enough, regardless if they graduated. How many years did they attend high school in Canada?

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The requirement is:
  • A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
The transcript itself is enough, regardless if they graduated. How many years did they attend high school in Canada?
They started school here since Grade 7.
one of them is finished school this year and now he will be taking some extra classes for credit to go to university and he is now 19 years and never worked , so should I say NO to all the tax year and mention he was in school.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
They started school here since Grade 7.
one of them is finished school this year and now he will be taking some extra classes for credit to go to university and he is now 19 years and never worked , so should I say NO to all the tax year and mention he was in school.
His high school transcripts will suffice. Don't worry about what they show for grades or anything specific like that. And if he's never worked, you would check NO for both "required to file" and "taxes filed" for each year listed.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
His high school transcripts will suffice. Don't worry about what they show for grades or anything specific like that. And if he's never worked, you would check NO for both "required to file" and "taxes filed" for each year listed.
He has one Transcript of secondary level achievement and that was issued on 14 feb 2017 and it says Grade 10 on it .
Is this enough? Wandering if they will accept as it has been more than year since it was issued and has Grade 10 on it.

He finished his grade 12 but still going to take few extra classes again in September but do know have any certificate yet.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
He has one Transcript of secondary level achievement and that was issued on 14 feb 2017 and it says Grade 10 on it .
Is this enough? Wandering if they will accept as it has been more than year since it was issued and has Grade 10 on it.

He finished his grade 12 but still going to take few extra classes again in September but do know have any certificate yet.
I'm a little confused. If your son finished grade 12, you should be able to just get a transcript from the school(s) he attended for the entire duration, grade 9-12.