+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Termination durning PR process

AW_16

Mar 20, 2024
Hi All,

I am currently on my closed work permit and my PR application is in process under Alberta nomination program. I have recently received the AOR as well. Unfortunately, I got terminated from my current organization. Will this impact my PR application.

Thank you

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi All,

I am currently on my closed work permit and my PR application is in process under Alberta nomination program. I have recently received the AOR as well. Unfortunately, I got terminated from my current organization. Will this impact my PR application.

Thank you
You have to email Alberta PNP office and let them know regarding your termination. You are required to update them asap and they will update you further.

Reactions: Taran D

AW_16

Mar 20, 2024
Thank you for your response, I will inform them but does my PR process will go through or they will keep me on hold?
because i am on closed work permit where i cannot find a another job until i get my PR

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you for your response, I will inform them but does my PR process will go through or they will keep me on hold?
because i am on closed work permit where i cannot find a another job until i get my PR
They will give you 90 days to find another job . Your PR application with still continue to process. If you couldn’t find job , your nomination will be canceled and PR will be refused. You must inform them asap. Failure to not do so will result in misrepresentation and you can be banned for 5 years.

AW_16

Mar 20, 2024
They will give you 90 days to find another job . Your PR application with still continue to process. If you couldn’t find job , your nomination will be canceled and PR will be refused. You must inform them asap. Failure to not do so will result in misrepresentation and you can be banned for 5 years.
Currently I am on Close Work Permit and wont be able to apply for any other organization, can i get BOWP in that case even if my Work Permit is valid more than 4 months

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Currently I am on Close Work Permit and wont be able to apply for any other organization, can i get BOWP in that case even if my Work Permit is valid more than 4 months
Yes , if you don’t have any employment restrictions on your PNP nomination certificate, you can apply BOWP anytime.

AW_16

Mar 20, 2024
Thank you for responding
If i want to inform to AINP about my termination then how to contact them. Is there any specific email ID or any web form where I can upload LOE?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Thank you for responding
If i want to inform to AINP about my termination then how to contact them. Is there any specific email ID or any web form where I can upload LOE?
Check the email of NOI, right at the bottom there is an email address of AINP to contact for any questions in blue highlight....