+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment/source of support (document checklist)

carolino22

Jun 14, 2016
Hi Everyone,
I am sponsoring my husband who is from Taiwan (outland sponsorship). He quit his job half a year ago (knowing that we are moving to Canada) and I have always been stay at home mom since our son was born. Right now we are living off of his savings. We have always lived frugally and due to the low cost of living standard in Taiwan, we are confident we have enough to move and settle back in Canada.

My question is, in this case how do I provide source of financial support?
1) do I provide copies of our bank statements? if so, do we need it translated?
2) do I provide tax return copies? if so, do we need it translated? How many years worth of tax returns would they usually prefer to see?

Thanks!

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
Hi Everyone,
I am sponsoring my husband who is from Taiwan (outland sponsorship). He quit his job half a year ago (knowing that we are moving to Canada) and I have always been stay at home mom since our son was born. Right now we are living off of his savings. We have always lived frugally and due to the low cost of living standard in Taiwan, we are confident we have enough to move and settle back in Canada.

2) do I provide tax return copies? if so, do we need it translated? How many years worth of tax returns would they usually prefer to see?

Thanks!

A good way to show how much money you have in your savings account is to provide a bank statement. This bank statement should be translated and notarized as should all documents that are translated.

As per tax return forms I am not 100% sure, I included mine and my sponsors with them but I don't think they required them. I know they need a Option C Printout which is like Income Tax Form for the most recent taxation year.

Reactions: carolino22

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!
Hi

Financial support can be show through a combination of income, savings/investments, income potential once in Canada, family support etc. If you will be staying with family when you first arrive, have them write a letter. As neither of you are working or resident in Canada, you should write a detailed plan of how you will establish and support yourselves in Canada.

1. Yes, include your bank statements. There is no need to formally translate or notarize them, as they are not official documents. You can just translate them yourselves.

2. For yourself, as you haven't had any income in Taiwan and are not resident in Canada, include a letter of explanation in place of tax documents. Your husband's tax documents aren't required.

Reactions: carolino22

jdCanadian

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hi Everyone,
Thanks!
Hi carolino22, could I ask what you ended up submitting? And what status your application is under currently?Thanks