+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

employment reference letter

sivashylu

May 3, 2016
HI folks..
I have a weird problem in getting employment reference letter.
plz help me with ur valuable suggestions.

I am from india,, I did masters in london. Later i obtained company workpermit from the company i worked and was working for them. Unfortunately things werent good after getting a 3 years work permit. I got pregnant so had to be on maternity leave for a year and after a year of work .. had to come back india as my father was seriously ill.
the company wasnt happy with my leavings ....( i have worked with them from 2009 till 2015)

Now after 2 years, i requested them n number of times for a employment reference letter..but they arent answering my mails..nor do they respond my calls.

In this case.. what do i do?

Please suggest

Shylaja

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
HI folks..
I have a weird problem in getting employment reference letter.
plz help me with ur valuable suggestions.

I am from india,, I did masters in london. Later i obtained company workpermit from the company i worked and was working for them. Unfortunately things werent good after getting a 3 years work permit. I got pregnant so had to be on maternity leave for a year and after a year of work .. had to come back india as my father was seriously ill.
the company wasnt happy with my leavings ....( i have worked with them from 2009 till 2015)

Now after 2 years, i requested them n number of times for a employment reference letter..but they arent answering my mails..nor do they respond my calls.

In this case.. what do i do?

Please suggest

Shylaja
Most of the people are finding it difficult to get a reference letter from employer because of some or the other reason. And for us it is the most important document.
When employer is not issuing a letter, you can approach your immediate boss who can write a detailed letter mentioning your designation, job responsibilities, no. of hours worked etc. You can put in his contact details like ph and mail. Submit them along with the appointment letter and relieving lette (hope u have it) and write an LOE to describe the situation why the co. isnt issuing a letter

sivashylu

May 3, 2016
Most of the people are finding it difficult to get a reference letter from employer because of some or the other reason. And for us it is the most important document.
When employer is not issuing a letter, you can approach your immediate boss who can write a detailed letter mentioning your designation, job responsibilities, no. of hours worked etc. You can put in his contact details like ph and mail. Submit them along with the appointment letter and relieving lette (hope u have it) and write an LOE to describe the situation why the co. isnt issuing a letter
HI..thanks for ur reply. i neither have appointment letter nor do i have relieving letter.distressing

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
HI..thanks for ur reply. i neither have appointment letter nor do i have relieving letter.distressing
Are you sure about not having an offer letter? In my experience, all UK companies give an offer letter and a work contract to all new employees.

I'd suggest you look through all the documents you have from that company - may be you'll find some supporting documents that'll work in the absence of a reference letter. Good luck.

dentoosh

May 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
Med's Done....
18-08-2017
I think furnishing the initial Letter of Employment/Offer Letter along with a Letter of Explanation narrating the reason for not being able to procure the Reference Letter from the arrogant employer, might help.

sivashylu

May 3, 2016
Are you sure about not having an offer letter? In my experience, all UK companies give an offer letter and a work contract to all new employees.

I'd suggest you look through all the documents you have from that company - may be you'll find some supporting documents that'll work in the absence of a reference letter. Good luck.
hi..yes..i do hav an offer letter but it date back in 2011.. there is no relieving letter.. but a letter of resignation acceptance sent via email but without signature. my immediate manager is hr nd he s the one not responding.

plz help
shy

sivashylu

May 3, 2016
I think furnishing the initial Letter of Employment/Offer Letter along with a Letter of Explanation narrating the reason for not being able to procure the Reference Letter from the arrogant employer, might help.[/QUOTE

yes .. but the chances of refusal are high isnt it

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
hi..yes..i do hav an offer letter but it date back in 2011.. there is no relieving letter.. but a letter of resignation acceptance sent via email but without signature. my immediate manager is hr nd he s the one not responding.

plz help
shy
Use the offer letter you have, along with a work contract if you have it. Try asking your former manager or a senior colleague if they'll write a reference letter for you (it's OK if this letter is on plain paper as long as it has their signature, designation etc). It'll be great if he or she could also share his/her business card with you. Use all these documents in your application and write a letter of explanation (LOE) to IRCC why you couldn't get the reference letters and hence you are using the supporting documents.

Good luck.

Last edited:

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Also you may retrieve all the proof of your salary payments / income tax paid or deducted by employer and remitted to the govt IT Dept.
these also will add up as your back up supports..

Reactions: Wandering Mind

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Use the offer letter you have, along with a work contract if you have it. Try asking your former manager or a senior colleague if they'll write a reference letter for you (it's OK if this letter is on plain paper as long as it has their signature, designation etc). It'll be great if he or she could also share his/her business card with you. Use all these documents in your application and write a letter of explanation (LOE) to IRCC why you couldn't get the reference letters and hence you are using the supporting documents.

Good luck.
Can u plz guide abot employement history..i started job as admin officer bt after 1 year my designation changed to planning officer in same organkzation so do i need to mention both the designation or i can mention only planning officer..

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Can u plz guide abot employement history..i started job as admin officer bt after 1 year my designation changed to planning officer in same organkzation so do i need to mention both the designation or i can mention only planning officer..
It's my personal opinion that it's best to mention all the posts you've held in a particular organisation. I've had 3 different job titles in the same company over a few years. In my reference letters I requested the HR to mention all 3.

All the best.

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
It's my personal opinion that it's best to mention all the posts you've held in a particular organisation. I've had 3 different job titles in the same company over a few years. In my reference letters I requested the HR to mention all 3.

All the best.
thnx a million

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015

All the best.
Letter of reference for spouse is mandatory too from its employer???