+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Reference letter || Job duties

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
I am an software developer from India with around 7 years of total Exp currently working in Canada from past 6 months and applying PR through Arranged employment category. I have worked for 2 MNCs previously in India.

1st one for 1 year 9 months .
and 2nd for 4 1/2 years .

( 3rd company is canada , since last 6 months )

When it comes to Refence letter detailing out responsibilities I have the same problem like others, that Indian companies ( Or MNCs with Indian Branch) Just gives two liners like Date of joining/leaving and Title etc.

However, there is following exception in my case to some general situations already mentioned in this forum

1) My present employer of Canada will give me a reference letter
2) My category is NOT 0213 . I am putting this as a point as probably more scrutiny is performed in that category when it comes Detailing out of responsibilities.

Q1. Is there a chance of rejection due to lack of exact detailed out reference letters or my reliving letter and Experience letter would do ??
Q2. What other documents should I provide ? Like pay slips of my previous company , offer letter etc.
Q3. Few of friends have applied with almost similar documents ( 2 liner reliving letters ) and they have got PR smoothly . Has something changed in this area since last couple of years ?

P.S. I tried to reuse an existing thread but that seems to be a dead one . So I had to start a new one.

manek

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any internal promotion or annual review letter? it should show that you were attached with company. Also visiting cards of managers or HR people should be fine.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hey great ,
I have a promotion letter from my previous company. I was going to attach that as well but never it could add extra value in this section. I doubt thought "The Promotion" letter just talks about "he is a good employee and contribution to company .....blah blah ... "
but nothing about the duties in detail .

Do you think its enough to make case stronger ??

Thanks for pointing out though

manek

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Promotion letter will show that you were attached with the company and with designation mentioned (just to prove your claim is not fake). It may not be good to prove your duties but its a one of supporting document.

Syed2011

Jul 31, 2010
Nice thread.

Friend! I can exactly answer your question but i would suggest a site ,, see whether you can take help from this jobduties.org