+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Reference Letter Issue Date

nadirakazi

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
I left my office two years ago, now when I issue employment reference letter, should it be on the date when I left or on the date it is issued?
Thanks for your help.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I left my office two years ago, now when I issue employment reference letter, should it be on the date when I left or on the date it is issued?
Thanks for your help.
The letter needs to be current, dated recently, but should include the dates you worked there.

Reactions: nadirakazi

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
The letter needs to be current, dated recently, but should include the dates you worked there.
The currency can be challenged especially if you are not working to the place after 4+ years. Organization can restructure, people can resign etc. I would suggest explaining and providing alternative evidence if necessary. Remember Visa Officers are still humans. Also keep in mind, if you are working in a totally different country than before, it will be very difficult to receive a new letter 4-5 years down the line from when you left remotely.

Reactions: nadirakazi

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The currency can be challenged especially if you are not working to the place after 4+ years. Organization can restructure, people can resign etc. I would suggest explaining and providing alternative evidence if necessary. Remember Visa Officers are still humans. Also keep in mind, if you are working in a totally different country than before, it will be very difficult to receive a new letter 4-5 years down the line from when you left remotely.
Yes, attaching pay slips, tax returns, notarized affidavits from former colleagues, can all help your case. My original point is that you shouldn't submit a letter that was dated 4 years ago when you left said organization.

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Yes, attaching pay slips, tax returns, notarized affidavits from former colleagues, can all help your case. My original point is that you shouldn't submit a letter that was dated 4 years ago when you left said organization.
I get that @picklee and no hard feelings. But I only mentioned it because that may be the only reference letter some persons have up to now and their circumstance or even the organization's may have change to date. So if you have a 2013 or 2014 ref letter and you're not even in the country along with other issues beyond your control, that'll have to do with other supportive evidence. I would also include the contact numbers. Hell, I would even invite the office to bring me in for an interview lol. But I'm not going to be bending my back to get something that will require hoops and loops.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I get that @picklee and no hard feelings. But I only mentioned it because that may be the only reference letter some persons have up to now and their circumstance or even the organization's may have change to date. So if you have a 2013 or 2014 ref letter and you're not even in the country along with other issues beyond your control, that'll have to do with other supportive evidence. I would also include the contact numbers. Hell, I would even invite the office to bring me in for an interview lol. But I'm not going to be bending my back to get something that will require hoops and loops.
No hard feelings taken. Many people have issues getting the experience letter, for the reasons you outline. Which is why applicants should include as much supporting information as possible and a more recent letter will be more credible, generally speaking. Ultimately, you don't want the VO bending over backwards to verify your background as this will obviously add delays and/or rejection to your application process.

Reactions: StevieFray

nadirakazi

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Thankyou Picklee & StevieFray,
based on your advice I did include the projects that I worked on so that Bosses could remember what I did during that time. Also I am including appointment letter and payslips with my reference letter