+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Records - uploaded all but not as per description

nmehra6613

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Hi,

When I was uploading my employment record documents, the the fields just said : "Employment Records (required)"

I uploaded my 4 experience letters to those 4 fields.

When I view my submitted application one month later, the above field now has Employment Records -Position 1 (required); Employment Records - Position 2 (required) and so on.

Naturally, some of the uploaded documents and the Employment Record fields don't match.

What is the best way to take it forward? Should I highlight it to the CIC? Anyone else with the same issue.

Thank You

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
nmehra6613 said:
Hi,

When I was uploading my employment record documents, the the fields just said : "Employment Records (required)"

When I view my submitted application one month later, the above field now has Employment Records -Position 1 (required); Employment Records - Position 2 (required) and so on.

Naturally, some of the uploaded documents and the Employment Record fields don't match.

What is the best way to take it forward? Should I highlight it to the CIC? Anyone else with the same issue.

Thank You
I have the same issue. My letters got jumbled. I raised a CSE immediately. I hope it helps.

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
nmehra6613 said:
Hi,

Thank You
Yes, I have read many such posts here; Honestly, with all the gazillion docs one is supposed to upload, this is bound to happen even to the most organized folks.

Raise a CSE ASAP, send in the documents again (in the correct order), or just match the correct record with whatever has already been uploaded (if that is possible in this case). Good luck!

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
I noticed that bit as well, while uploading the employment documents it just said the "Employment Records" in the placeholder and didn't tell you the position or the name of the company you should upload as. Once the application is submitted, i noticed the position names popping up. I dont think that should be an issue as long as you have all the documents uploaded as part of the application. Also I dont think its fair on the part of CIC to reject an application since the system did not in any way prompt or tell us what documents they needed in terms in employment and in what order.

If you have all the documents uploaded when CIC downloads all your files, the person reading the docs should be intelligent enough to analyze that..(I hope)

-A

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
canadacanada17 said:
How do you know what order they are supposed to be in?
When you have to upload the employment documents, it states Employment Record 1, Employment Record 2...
I uploaded them in chronological order starting with the oldest to the current one.
After I submitted the eAPR, the position names popped up and the position name did not match the employment record file name. I sent a CSE immediately to explain it. It would be grossly unfair to reject an application because of that. CIC's system was not clear.

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
I agree... it would definitely be un-fair to reject an application based on what order you have uploaded it. Also one thing i noticed was even once in submitted application area the position names were not present! When I logged in the next day they popped up again!

canadacanada17

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
I see, thank you for explaining. I see what you mean, there is absolutely no explanation as which document should go in each employment section. I also uploaded in chronological order!! - but not submitted yet. I'll leave it that was and send a CSE like you say, when i submit. thanks again!

diddledo

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
canadacanada17 said:
I see, thank you for explaining. I see what you mean, there is absolutely no explanation as which document should go in each employment section. I also uploaded in chronological order!! - but not submitted yet. I'll leave it that was and send a CSE like you say, when i submit. thanks again!
I did the same mistake. I have uploaded all the reference letters but the ordering is wrong!

I will raise a CSE.

Did any of the people in the same boat hear back from CIC about this after AOR ?
Specifically did anyone get rejected ?

Thanks.

salikgilani

Apr 27, 2017
So I received my ITA a while back. Congratulations to everyone else who got it as well.

Also, ran into my first small problem. I worked for a company ABC from Oct 2012 to June 2015. Now the first year I worked on contract full time after which I was on their payroll. Since the company was a global MnC their employment certificate is standard.

I have it on company letterhead, dated and duly signed by the HR manager. Now here is the problem. The text states " This is to confirm Mr.ASG was an employee of ABC Corporation since Nov 1, 2013. He was working as a Business Consultant.

He was previously working with HRXX assigned to ABC Corporation on contract in the same role from Oct 2012 to Oct 2013"

I believe it has all the required documents etc. Need your opinion on this. CIC wouldnt have a problem with the letter stating I was on contract since it was the same position and company. Right?

Thank you in advance for your help.