+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment records confusion

hopesofcanada

May 5, 2017
Hi there,

I have received my ITA and am in the process of uploading my documents. When I filled out my work history I listed all jobs I had had in the past 10 years (there were 2 in Canada and 2 in the states).

Now on my upload documents page I have three sections for "Employment records" that I need to upload. I am confused, as only one of these jobs listed gets me any point for PR, and I noted that when applying for my ITA. If i require employment records from all of my jobs shouldn't there be 4 employment record document spots? And do I require employment referance letters from all of these jobs? One of them was only for three months and I'm not sure if they will even remember who I am if I reach out to them for the letter....

Any advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. I may be overthinking things, but do not want to screw this up!!!!

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Are you claiming points for all these jobs you've listed?

If no, then you are to only provide letters for the jobs you're claiming points for and I assume that is 3 of those 4 jobs

If yes, then you will unfortunately have to get reference letters for each of them

hopesofcanada

May 5, 2017
Are you claiming points for all these jobs you've listed?

If no, then you are to only provide letters for the jobs you're claiming points for and I assume that is 3 of those 4 jobs

If yes, then you will unfortunately have to get reference letters for each of them

This is what I am most confused about. Only one of my jobs gives me any points! I can get all of the info easily for this job, but am not sure what to upload for the other two sections, and do not want them to consider my application incomplete....why are there three job sections when only one is relevant to me?

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
For jobs you don't claim points for, you list them under Personal History not Work History. That's the reason for the extra placeholders

ngans

Jun 17, 2017
Hello, I have 15 years of experience, and my current job as Marketing Manager which I have worked for 5 years is already sufficient for earning points for Express Entry. Does it mean that for all the past work experience, I can just put them under Personal History? I had about 5 past jobs. The reason is that I have encountered difficulties in getting reference letters for most past jobs. The current one is fine though.

Thanks in advance for your help!