+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Proofs

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I applied for PR in Federal skilled worker categaory and got ITA last week.

-For present employment proofs: what all to submit?

-For previous employments: what all to submit ?

-Do all the documents need to be notarized before uploading?

Regards

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
As current and previous employment proofs, you need to provide a letter of reference or work experience certificate from the employer.

These should be official documents printed on the company letterhead and must contain:
1. Your name
2. Your designation
3. Your job responsibilities
4. Name, designation and signature of your supervisor or HR official
5. Company’s contact information e.g. address, email, phone numbers etc.
6. Dates you worked for the company
7. The number of work hours
8. Annual salary

Most companies in my country don't give salary information or number of work hours on the reference letter. So I am planning to submit my salary slips, employment offer letters and bank statements as proofs of work experience when I get an ITA.

Good luck.

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Thanks for you reply Wandering Mind...
Have you already got your PR or in the process,if I may know.

One related query is that :

a)
My present employer has shifted from the initial office address to a new one so the appointment letter contains initial office address.But now we have a new new address on the letterhead so it is okay if the Appointment Letter (dated earlier) and the experience letter (dated present date) have different address.

How can this be justified.

b)
The same is the case of my previous employer.They have also shifted to a new premises.

So how do I justify this.

Thanks

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
JSPCAN said:

a)
My present employer has shifted from the initial office address to a new one so the appointment letter contains initial office address.But now we have a new new address on the letterhead so it is okay if the Appointment Letter (dated earlier) and the experience letter (dated present date) have different address.

b)
The same is the case of my previous employer.They have also shifted to a new premises.

Thanks
It should not be a problem. Employers change address and you can't do anything about it. Just mention this in LOE that your employer changed office and hence different address in appointment letter and reference letter.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
JSPCAN said:

a)

b)

Thanks
I'm still waiting for an invitation to apply. In the meantime I'm trying to keep as many documents ready as I can.

As for the second part of your query, Maverick has mentioned in the earlier post that you should just write to the immigration authorities explaining why the addresses on your appointment letter and experience letter are different.

All the best.