+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Letter W/O Letterhead

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Has anyone gone through this situation before? Please help.

Basically, I have worked for a while in a company in the middle east but I am unable to get an an official letter from HR stating my period of employment and job duties. There is NO way I can get the letter from HR due to personal issues.

My immediate supervisor who is also the department head offered to write me the letter BUT he is not authorized to sign on letterhead. Alternatively, He can, however, provide a signed letter and attach his business card and his contact information including official corporate email.

Can you please advise me? Will this cause an issue with CIC?

nthom

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadream2017 said:

Well if you cannot get a job reference on company letter head, what you have is the next best thing you can provide. Attach your boss's letter with a letter of explanation stating HR will not provide the reference letter. I think the fact that your supervisor will include his business card is great. It would be best to have your boss get the letter notarized. Include pay stubs or anything else you have from the company as well. If I was the CIC officer I would think that if this guy is providing fake documents he'd most likely provide it on a fake letter head, so the fact that you have an explanation, letter from boss (notarized best), business card, pay stubs, you should be good. However as a disclaimer only CIC can officially sign off on it but I am sure they are aware that getting the perfect letter is going to be an issue for some people.

pplupo

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Hi Canadream2017.
I posted a VERY similar question just yesterday. You should check it out because some answers I got may help you.
<add the forum address/canada-immigration-discussion-board/employer-reference-letter-no-letterhead-t484881.0.html>
I can't post links, so you need to replace "add the forum address" with the forum address. :p