+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Letter - Salary Change!!

Shimich

Apr 29, 2016
Alexios07 said:
This is the requirement for Employment Records, not Letter of Employment.

In the eAPR, we have three documents that need to be provided by the employer:

• Offer of Employment (aka Job Offers): include all your contracts
  • Employment Records: official letter from the company with requirements like you posted above. I also attached T4s and Notice of Assessment with it (if your are CEC inland)
  • Letter of Employment (aka certification of employment) of : simple official letter from the company to confirm your current position, working hours, job title, annual income and start date with the company

This is how my company's HR dept has been doing since the start of Express Entry, and we haven't had any issue so far.
Do you have a valid job offer supported by LMia?

Shimich

Apr 29, 2016
Alexios07 said:
Nope, just a normal job offer with PGWP.
So, you're not claiming any points for arranged employment.

In that case you can change your selection to NO when asked if you have a valid job offer and you're not gonna be required to submit letter of employment and job offer.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shimich said:
So, you're not claiming any points for arranged employment.

In that case you can change your selection to NO when asked if you have a valid job offer and you're not gonna be required to submit letter of employment and job offer.
Why? I'm applying under CEC stream, and I'm claiming points for Canadian work experience. If I don't submit those docs, how could IRCC verify my work exp?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
Why? I'm applying under CEC stream, and I'm claiming points for Canadian work experience. If I don't submit those docs, how could IRCC verify my work exp?
Because the placeholders for letter of employment and job offer are only required to those claiming a valid job offer.

They can verify your work experience simply with the reference letter.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Because the placeholders for letter of employment and job offer are only required to those claiming a valid job offer.

They can verify your work experience simply with the reference letter.
But I'm pretty sure I chose No on the valid job offer question.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
But I'm pretty sure I chose No on the valid job offer question.
There's a question that throws a lot of people off in the intended work section - it asks whether one has a job offer (but doesn't specify that it should be a valid job offer) so by answering "yes" the placeholders for job offer and letter of employment appear.

Since you work on a PGWP you could've answered "no" and could've avoided uploading those documents.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
There's a question that throws a lot of people off in the intended work section - it asks whether one has a job offer (but doesn't specify that it should be a valid job offer) so by answering "yes" the placeholders for job offer and letter of employment appear.

Since you work on a PGWP you could've answered "no" and could've avoided uploading those documents.
Again, I did choose No for that answer. Now it does make me wonders as my two coworkers who were also on PGWP had the same exact checklist as well.

Shimich

Apr 29, 2016
Alexios07 said:
Yes, for Canadian experience and they will verify it trough your employment records. In the employment records placeholder you will upload your reference letter which consists all the relevant information they need to verify your experience.

I'm in the same boat as you. Applying under CEC, currently working and will work after my application.

They only require all three documents if you have a positive LMia. Think about it. ;)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ee2015 said:
I was thinking that if I had different positions, of course the salary should be specified for each position. but if I held only one position, but my salary changed during the period of employment, as long as my employment contract can show the changes, it would not be necessary to state all the salary changes in the letter directly?...
Ideally, the letter would spell out the starting salary and increments, but it's not that big a deal (assuming you're in the same position). Your supporting documents (T4, NOA (online printout is fine), will certainly convey that information to IRCC, and if you are worried, you can write a letter of explanation (but I don't think it's necessary).

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
jes_ON said:
Ideally, the letter would spell out the starting salary and increments, but it's not that big a deal (assuming you're in the same position). Your supporting documents (T4, NOA (online printout is fine), will certainly convey that information to IRCC, and if you are worried, you can write a letter of explanation (but I don't think it's necessary).
Thank you!

I attached all t4, noa and employment cotracts where states my previous salaries. I think this would work as I also know my previous coworker who did the same thing and worked. Ill just explain in LOE that i attaced my employmemt contracts to show salary history as the letter states only recent one.

kenok

Star Member
May 19, 2016
ee2015 said:
Hi,

I was thinking that if I had different positions, of course the salary should be specified for each position. but if I held only one position, but my salary changed during the period of employment, as long as my employment contract can show the changes, it would not be necessary to state all the salary changes in the letter directly?...
1) I do have the same question, I have been on the same position (job title) but have had yearly increments in salary (not a lot). Do I just state the current salary? or do I mention all the changes? I really think I would just state the current salary.
2) It is a full time job in academia but I have to sign contract like every 2 years, do I include that it's a contract job
3) Can I get my immediate supervisor (Prof) to write the letter or must it be from the HR?
4) I really wonder if the canadian immigration has a way of verifying the visa status in the country where you worked, basically I am currently working in the same country where I did my PhD so I transitioned from Student to Staff. The lil issue is that after submitting and defending my thesis it was another six months before all the paperwork was done, the senate conferred the PhD title and I converted to a work visa. However I already started working in my current position after the thesis was submitted, so if I include these 6 months where I practically worked on a student visa I'm wondering if they will find out...?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
kenok said:
4) I really wonder if the canadian immigration has a way of verifying the visa status in the country where you worked, basically I am currently working in the same country where I did my PhD so I transitioned from Student to Staff. The lil issue is that after submitting and defending my thesis it was another six months before all the paperwork was done, the senate conferred the PhD title and I converted to a work visa. However I already started working in my current position after the thesis was submitted, so if I include these 6 months where I practically worked on a student visa I'm wondering if they will find out...?
Work experience as a student is excluded in Canada only. If you are talking about studying/working outside of Canada, your status does not matter.

kenok

Star Member
May 19, 2016
jes_ON said:
Work experience as a student is excluded in Canada only. If you are talking about studying/working outside of Canada, your status does not matter.
Thanks a lot. My concern was that the Degree conferment date was Sept but my letter of employment starts in June about 4 months before, but that is because it takes some time after thesis defense to complete the paperwork and get the PhD so I am just wondering if they will ask why I claim to have started working before the degree date. I guess it is best to include a letter of explanation. Thanks once more

Regards

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
HR indicated monthly salary rates (they have changed 3 times for the same position). Is it obligatory to indicate annual rate, or I can submit monthly?