+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

employment difficulty?

xthebending

Jan 27, 2007
hello all.

my girlfriend and i are from new york and wish to temporarily live and work in montreal. we each only have a high school diploma and some work experience. my question is is it hard to find employment at any small jobs (low wage) being an immigrant looking to be hired on a temporary work visa? do employers generally turn away from hiring in such case?

thank you, any help would be appreciated

trick-r-treat

Jan 18, 2007
I am not so sure about Canada specifically, but in most countries it should be easy to find low-paying jobs for anybody.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

xthebending said:
hello all.

my girlfriend and i are from new york and wish to temporarily live and work in montreal. we each only have a high school diploma and some work experience. my question is is it hard to find employment at any small jobs (low wage) being an immigrant looking to be hired on a temporary work visa? do employers generally turn away from hiring in such case?

thank you, any help would be appreciated
Unless you have a specific skill that is in demand in Canada, you will find it extremely difficult to get an work permit approved to work in Canada. You know that you need a work permit for Canada? That you would also require approval from the Quebec government in the form of a CAQ You should start reading at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.html You may wish to look at the SWAP program to see if you qualify for a 6 month work permit. http://www.swap.ca/#

PMM

eria

Jan 22, 2007
I don't think there there is any problem for finding low paying jobs in canada? you can get a job via any recruitment agency

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

eria said:
I don't think there there is any problem for finding low paying jobs in canada? you can get a job via any recruitment agency
Most low paying jobs are unskilled and you won't get a work permit approved for them.

PMM

smartjungle

Mar 9, 2013
Hi friends,

I have a doubt, plz clarify.

I am from India and planning to move to Canada. Can I procure an odd job while entering with tourist visa ?

Please throw some light on the topic.