+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment declaration question

Penichefr

May 6, 2019
Hi all,

I'll be creating my EE profile soon, but suddenly I have some doubts on how to declare my work experience.

I currently have over a year of Canadian experience, for which I already have my letters of employment, contracts and payslips ready to show. The question is about my foreign work experience.

I started working as a trainee (IT systems analyst) for an IT company, 20hrs/week, on mid January 2016. Then on mid December 2016 I was promoted to full time. Same function, same NOC, higher salary and working 40hrs/week until the end of July, 2017. How should I put this information on my EE profile? It is skilled work, continuous, worth more than a year of full-time.

Will I be able to get points for this experience under the CEC? How should I put it on my profile?

Thanks for your help!

Penichefr

May 6, 2019
Two entries, one for the part-time experience one for full-time.
Will I get points for this experience? Or by putting 2 entries it won't consider it continuous?

Which raises another question. Even applying through the CEC, does the foreign work experience need to be continous?

Thanks for your help!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will I get points for this experience? Or by putting 2 entries it won't consider it continuous?

Which raises another question. Even applying through the CEC, does the foreign work experience need to be continous?

Thanks for your help!
Work experience under the CEC program need not be continuous.