+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

employer will not issue work experience letter

Bryan02

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
So my employer in Canada will not issue a work experience letter after I had quit the company. The company is now saying they are "looking to charge me for violating my NDA and privacy laws" after I asked my lawyer to ask my employer (after my attempts are ignored by the company). The CEO also said they will report my lawyer's email as spam(?)

It's a 4 person consulting company. I ONLY worked for the CEO, and our external clients. I had asked other people at the company as well as the HR person (who is the wife of the CEO), and the company CEO had asked me to "stop harassing". So far I had gathered the following:

1. Email correspondence from CEO
2. payslips and T4 (I could not get my ROE, and its been months since I quit)
3. a letter that says I worked at the company, including duration, job title, and salary)
4. Job contract (no job duties)
5. Old job posting including job duties (not reflective of what I did)
6. a letter signed by my ex-coop student (unpaid intern, who no longer works at the company) saying I did XYZ tasks at the company

I really can't believe there are no laws that'd require employers to provide something like this. Other countries even have laws that'd require this of employers. Every day that goes by, I feel like our rights as workers are just so low. I'm seriously considering immigrating to somewhere that workers have more rights :(

Advice?