+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer Responsibilities for EEBC

kyeno1

Mar 12, 2017
I am looking to apply for PR soon through the provincial nominee program, and looks like the Express Entry stream of BC Provincial Nominee is my best bet rather than the Skills Immigration stream, as my current temporary work visa expires in February so I am pressed for time.

I recently started a permanent full time position, type B, for a small internet service provider company in rural BC who says they are happy to sponsor me as part of the EEBC program so that I can get my visa quickly and continue working, but they just want to know exactly what the process will entail for them. So what should I tell them? What exactly will an employer have to do/pay to sponsor a worker in my situation? I should qualify just fine, I have over 3 years of full time work experience in my field (IT), college degree from US, etc.

Thanks a bunch!

EDIT

After reading deeper into the process I've found the employer requirements and responsibilities page, so this should answer my question. However I'm unable to delete the post it looks like.

I'll followup with a more general question. Is this likely the best path for someone in my situation? The EEBC rather than the Skills Immigration stream, as the SI looks to take a lot longer?

Thanks sorry for the confusion

Last edited: