+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer has to interview Canadian applicant. Any chance we will still get a LMO

jacquilim

Apr 17, 2012
Hi,
My work permit expires in sept 2012. My employer put in a new LMO application as per the requirements and was told they had to readvertised the position. So anyway, they got one Canadian applicant. My employer wants to keep me on because he feels I am doing a good job (plus they made a mistake in the first LMO and should have put the job down for a longer period of time). They have just interviewed the Canadian applicant and the response I got from my employer was that there was no "wow" factor and the applicant, while meeting the criteria of the job, only minimally met some of the criteria (as opposed to meeting the criteria over and beyond what is on the job description).
So my question is ... is there any chance at all that Service Canada will still approve the LMO? Or even if the Canadian applicant minimally meets the criteria will my employer have to hire them. My family and I came all this way on the understanding that the job was permanent and my visa would be at least a couple of years so this is very unsettling.
Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Your employer should be able to prove that whatever the Canadian applicant lack in experience/prerequisites of the job is not something the applicant can be trained for. They must be able to justify why they are hiring you and not the Canadian applicant.

jacquilim said:
Hi,
My work permit expires in sept 2012. My employer put in a new LMO application as per the requirements and was told they had to readvertised the position. So anyway, they got one Canadian applicant. My employer wants to keep me on because he feels I am doing a good job (plus they made a mistake in the first LMO and should have put the job down for a longer period of time). They have just interviewed the Canadian applicant and the response I got from my employer was that there was no "wow" factor and the applicant, while meeting the criteria of the job, only minimally met some of the criteria (as opposed to meeting the criteria over and beyond what is on the job description).
So my question is ... is there any chance at all that Service Canada will still approve the LMO? Or even if the Canadian applicant minimally meets the criteria will my employer have to hire them. My family and I came all this way on the understanding that the job was permanent and my visa would be at least a couple of years so this is very unsettling.
Thanks

singhsukhbir

Nov 6, 2012
job_seeker said:
Your employer should be able to prove that whatever the Canadian applicant lack in experience/prerequisites of the job is not something the applicant can be trained for. They must be able to justify why they are hiring you and not the Canadian applicant.
hi my name is sukhbir i m working in sharjah uae and i m going to apply for Canada work permit i clear the interview took by canadian employer and i got confirmation/LMO can anyone tell me that there is any chance to get visa what r the success rate