Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-08-2020
Med's Done....
02-10-2020
Would add that you also have to be careful. It sounds like you also got into an arrangement for a job in exchange for payment to secure PR which is not legal either. You may have also paid for the job through a consultant. Both people doing something illegal is what keeps the businesses and consultants protected.
Well he made me a job offer (legal)
I accepted (legal)
The deal was to work the whole contract in payment for the Pr (legal, it’s a work contract)
Got the lmia approved (legal)
He underpaid me and demanded the pay back (illegal)

Even in the worst case scenario I don’t see any fault on my side, I had no choice but to pay the cash back.
And even if we had an agreement to pay back (which we didn’t) it’s ilegal on his side, it’s ilegal to agree to pay less to your employee.
That’s my understanding.

Melikaaaaaaaa

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Hey guys how are you doing?

I was active in the August aor 2020 group but left since I got my PR on March 25th.

I want to share my story with you guys and ask for advice, if you can please leave me a piece of advice on my situation will help me a lot.

Sorry but I wrote this in a very casual and sometimes very personal way, I tried to put into words exactly how I would tell this story if we were chatting in person.

I arrived in Canada with my wife for work in November 2018, when I started working in the company that provided me my LMIA and subsequent work permit.At that time I needed the Job Offer / LMIA to give me enough points to apply for the PR.

The problems started in the beginning of the job offer, when my boss said that he was only doing the lmia process if I pay for everything, which I did without thinking twice because that was my way to immigrate to Canada and I was willing to pay the lawyer fees + taxes. (Over 5K Cad)

Our deal was: he does the lmia for me and I work there for the entire contract (2 years) after that I can go work anywhere I want, and that was ok for me, he said that the salary was low in the beginning but would give me raises as I progress in the job, which for me was fine too. [NOTE: on my work permit I can only work for this company, the position is admin officer and the minimum pay is $23.50/hour - 40 hours a week]

When I started the work I noticed that it was a mistake, it was never an office position, the company installs countertops so he would send me on various tasks during the day, sometimes with him, most of the times doing installation with the installation crew.

The job is heavy and I was the only English speaker in the whole company (everybody else only spoke Chinese) and had to follow orders in a very disorienting way in an environment that I was not familiar.

So put yourself in my position:

An Office guy (I was a lawyer back home!), coming for an office job in Canada and then you get a job carrying countertops (some islands weight more than 300lbs!) with people you don’t know, in a language you don’t know and to be worst the hours were insane, and did I mention no extra overtime?

Every two weeks we would work for around 110 hours, which you can think it’s fine, but again remember that it is 110 hours of stone carrying, how does that sounds now?

But it get worst, when I receive my payment I discovered what “the pay is low” meant, I wasn’t getting paid $23.50/hour as it says in my lmia, I was getting paid $18/hour!!! So basically on every paycheque my boss would print an excell sheet showing how much money I would have to pay him back!!!! (To meet the required $23.50 of the LmIa)

Usually, after paying him I would take home $600-$900 every 2 weeks... for 110+ hours... to live in Vancouver with a wife... let that sink in.

Don’t worry my friend, it gets worse! I was quite disappointed with this situation, being broke and the abuse I was suffering there.

Then one night in December my wife was going to meet me downtown to grab some food and she was a victim of a hit and run.

She broke her arm, cracked her ribs, hurt kidneys, lungs, liver, stomach, but thank God she survived and now is fine.

Yes, when things were so bad I was not counting on that.

So now I was responsible for the household, and I was making this incredible salary of $1600ish a month in Vancouver where my rent is $1500 alone.

Basically I went through all my savings, borrowed money from parents so we could stay here in Canada. I had no option because this was our way to Canada so I put myself together, worked as hard as I could and took care of my wife, it wasn’t easy, it was the darkest time of my life, I was working 12 hour days and then coming home to take care of her, shower her, prepare dinner and her lunch and then spend a little time with her and go to bed.

I almost went insane, I went into “secret depression” I told myself I could be depressed as long as nobody knew, so my commute to work was my “me time” and the shower at home was the only place I could cry (yeah it sucks but I did that a lot). From around January to March of 2019 I was desperately broke, I sold everything I had and still wasn’t able to make ends meet, so I had to “cut” my lunches as a way to save money, shit that was fucked up, usually on lunch time the crew would stop somewhere to eat and I would stay in the van and try to drink as much water I could so I would have the sensation of a full belly... and dudes... dont try that ok?because that sucks! Hahaha

So after my wife healed (more than 6 months) she found work and works in an amazing company since then, but our problem persisted as I could not leave my work or I would lose my work permit and consequently wouldn’t be able to apply for the PR.

My boss hired another guy through the same program, he is also a “slave” like me and we would spend some time during the day having fun and trying our best to create jokes out of the fucked up situation we were into. He is a Persian guy, have a wife and a little boy, and is struggling with the job, the pay and the harassment just like me.

When it comes to me and the Persian in that company WE HAVE NO CHOICE, if you don’t do what they tell you he will threaten to fire you and cancel your WP/VISA and that’s how he manipulates and controls us.

We both did more than 18 hours in one single day with just one 15 min stop for lunch! We got hurt and had to hide from any inspector, we had to work with HIPER UNSANITARY CONDITIONS (I had to buy my own respirator because they made me cut Quartz without it), we were not only being underpaid but also getting a cut on our paycheque, basically whatever he wants we need to do or else he fires us and cancels the visa. This kind of stuff eats you from the inside, little by little you start to act different, think different, you are not as confident as before and you see yourself slowly spiralling into fear, anxiety, depression and nothing but bad thoughts, whenever you have free time you don’t want even to exist.

August 2020 comes and I have enough points (and money) to apply for the Pr, nothing changed in my work and I still work long and fucked up hours, Persian guy is still there too.

I apply with my wife and we have to wait.

The wait was very frustrating (7.5months) and didn’t helped at all with my anxiety and depression, but there’s always sunshine after a storm and on March 25th I received my COPR and I can’t put into words the feeling, I was jumping inside the apartment like a little kid.

I called my wife to give the news and we both cried on the phone, I didn’t felt alive like that for a long time in my life.

Immigration was a hell of a ride.

Well now that you know the “basics” of my immigration, here is my new dilemma.

As I explained before my boss would extort me by taking money out of my paycheque every month, making my pay that was already low go even lower.

Now since I received the PR I told him I was leaving a d he is trying to DEMAND THAT I PAY A SUPPOSED BALANCE of my paycheques.

He’s asking for 3k!!!

Honestly my friends, after all I have been through... I’m not paying an illegal debt! I’m tired of this and now I am a free man. I should never even paid him any of this s*** that he demanded in the past, but as I said I was depressed, desperate and was afraid.

In your opinion what should I do?

Thank you for your time

If you guys need more information please let me know
So sorry to hear that I was almost crying reading what u shared and the feeling of being trapped I can relate to you , and I am so happy that you got your COPR , I believe he can't force you to pay the money, maybe you can let him know that you know your rights and actually you are going to report his harassment and maybe he will be afraid to follow up and I really think you can sue him , by the way did your Persian friend got hi PR ?

Reactions: Brinbc

Brinbc

Feb 10, 2021
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-08-2020
Med's Done....
02-10-2020
So sorry to hear that I was almost crying reading what u shared and the feeling of being trapped I can relate to you , and I am so happy that you got your COPR , I believe he can't force you to pay the money, maybe you can let him know that you know your rights and actually you are going to report his harassment and maybe he will be afraid to follow up and I really think you can sue him , by the way did your Persian friend got hi PR ?
oh my friend, thank you for your kind words.
You know I’m just glad that the nightmare is over and me and my wife are living a happy life now.
My approach right now is cutting any kind of relationship with him, after the last message (which I didn’t reply) I didn’t hear anything else from him, if he tries to harass me again I’m heading straight to the police now.
my Persian friend is still there and that’s the main reason I am reporting my employer, I am now a free man but I don’t want this kind of things to happen to anybody else.

Brinbc

Feb 10, 2021
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-08-2020
Med's Done....
02-10-2020
Just an update
His son (also my boss) just sent me this message:

“Hey , my dad send you two email , can you just bring him the cash before thing get worse”

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hey guys how are you doing?

I was active in the August aor 2020 group but left since I got my PR on March 25th.

I want to share my story with you guys and ask for advice, if you can please leave me a piece of advice on my situation will help me a lot.

Sorry but I wrote this in a very casual and sometimes very personal way, I tried to put into words exactly how I would tell this story if we were chatting in person.

I arrived in Canada with my wife for work in November 2018, when I started working in the company that provided me my LMIA and subsequent work permit.At that time I needed the Job Offer / LMIA to give me enough points to apply for the PR.

The problems started in the beginning of the job offer, when my boss said that he was only doing the lmia process if I pay for everything, which I did without thinking twice because that was my way to immigrate to Canada and I was willing to pay the lawyer fees + taxes. (Over 5K Cad)

Our deal was: he does the lmia for me and I work there for the entire contract (2 years) after that I can go work anywhere I want, and that was ok for me, he said that the salary was low in the beginning but would give me raises as I progress in the job, which for me was fine too. [NOTE: on my work permit I can only work for this company, the position is admin officer and the minimum pay is $23.50/hour - 40 hours a week]

When I started the work I noticed that it was a mistake, it was never an office position, the company installs countertops so he would send me on various tasks during the day, sometimes with him, most of the times doing installation with the installation crew.

The job is heavy and I was the only English speaker in the whole company (everybody else only spoke Chinese) and had to follow orders in a very disorienting way in an environment that I was not familiar.

So put yourself in my position:

An Office guy (I was a lawyer back home!), coming for an office job in Canada and then you get a job carrying countertops (some islands weight more than 300lbs!) with people you don’t know, in a language you don’t know and to be worst the hours were insane, and did I mention no extra overtime?

Every two weeks we would work for around 110 hours, which you can think it’s fine, but again remember that it is 110 hours of stone carrying, how does that sounds now?

But it get worst, when I receive my payment I discovered what “the pay is low” meant, I wasn’t getting paid $23.50/hour as it says in my lmia, I was getting paid $18/hour!!! So basically on every paycheque my boss would print an excell sheet showing how much money I would have to pay him back!!!! (To meet the required $23.50 of the LmIa)

Usually, after paying him I would take home $600-$900 every 2 weeks... for 110+ hours... to live in Vancouver with a wife... let that sink in.

Don’t worry my friend, it gets worse! I was quite disappointed with this situation, being broke and the abuse I was suffering there.

Then one night in December my wife was going to meet me downtown to grab some food and she was a victim of a hit and run.

She broke her arm, cracked her ribs, hurt kidneys, lungs, liver, stomach, but thank God she survived and now is fine.

Yes, when things were so bad I was not counting on that.

So now I was responsible for the household, and I was making this incredible salary of $1600ish a month in Vancouver where my rent is $1500 alone.

Basically I went through all my savings, borrowed money from parents so we could stay here in Canada. I had no option because this was our way to Canada so I put myself together, worked as hard as I could and took care of my wife, it wasn’t easy, it was the darkest time of my life, I was working 12 hour days and then coming home to take care of her, shower her, prepare dinner and her lunch and then spend a little time with her and go to bed.

I almost went insane, I went into “secret depression” I told myself I could be depressed as long as nobody knew, so my commute to work was my “me time” and the shower at home was the only place I could cry (yeah it sucks but I did that a lot). From around January to March of 2019 I was desperately broke, I sold everything I had and still wasn’t able to make ends meet, so I had to “cut” my lunches as a way to save money, shit that was fucked up, usually on lunch time the crew would stop somewhere to eat and I would stay in the van and try to drink as much water I could so I would have the sensation of a full belly... and dudes... dont try that ok?because that sucks! Hahaha

So after my wife healed (more than 6 months) she found work and works in an amazing company since then, but our problem persisted as I could not leave my work or I would lose my work permit and consequently wouldn’t be able to apply for the PR.

My boss hired another guy through the same program, he is also a “slave” like me and we would spend some time during the day having fun and trying our best to create jokes out of the fucked up situation we were into. He is a Persian guy, have a wife and a little boy, and is struggling with the job, the pay and the harassment just like me.

When it comes to me and the Persian in that company WE HAVE NO CHOICE, if you don’t do what they tell you he will threaten to fire you and cancel your WP/VISA and that’s how he manipulates and controls us.

We both did more than 18 hours in one single day with just one 15 min stop for lunch! We got hurt and had to hide from any inspector, we had to work with HIPER UNSANITARY CONDITIONS (I had to buy my own respirator because they made me cut Quartz without it), we were not only being underpaid but also getting a cut on our paycheque, basically whatever he wants we need to do or else he fires us and cancels the visa. This kind of stuff eats you from the inside, little by little you start to act different, think different, you are not as confident as before and you see yourself slowly spiralling into fear, anxiety, depression and nothing but bad thoughts, whenever you have free time you don’t want even to exist.

August 2020 comes and I have enough points (and money) to apply for the Pr, nothing changed in my work and I still work long and fucked up hours, Persian guy is still there too.

I apply with my wife and we have to wait.

The wait was very frustrating (7.5months) and didn’t helped at all with my anxiety and depression, but there’s always sunshine after a storm and on March 25th I received my COPR and I can’t put into words the feeling, I was jumping inside the apartment like a little kid.

I called my wife to give the news and we both cried on the phone, I didn’t felt alive like that for a long time in my life.

Immigration was a hell of a ride.

Well now that you know the “basics” of my immigration, here is my new dilemma.

As I explained before my boss would extort me by taking money out of my paycheque every month, making my pay that was already low go even lower.

Now since I received the PR I told him I was leaving a d he is trying to DEMAND THAT I PAY A SUPPOSED BALANCE of my paycheques.

He’s asking for 3k!!!

Honestly my friends, after all I have been through... I’m not paying an illegal debt! I’m tired of this and now I am a free man. I should never even paid him any of this s*** that he demanded in the past, but as I said I was depressed, desperate and was afraid.

In your opinion what should I do?

Thank you for your time

If you guys need more information please let me know
Not to doubt you but there are something which don't add up.

1. You mentioned that you were a lawyer or something similar back in your home country. I believe you were atleast a para-legal guy. Did it ever occur to you to go through immigration matters, because they are legal matters? I know laws are different but basic idea is same.

2. If you had checked about what are conditions on your work permit, you would have realized that your boss CANNOT cancel your work permit no matter what! He can at worst fire you and then nothing. NOTHING AT ALL. You will still be able to remain in Canada on that work permit which would be valid for 2 years at least. There is NO legal process of cancelling your work permit. At worst, you could be removed from the country if you violate conditions of your WP and did not restore your WP and leaving the job does not constitute violating the terms of WP. When you received your first pay cheque and found your boss demanding a cut from it, you should have left your job then and there. If nothing, it would have taken a lot of anxiety out of your mind. I doubt your boss would have even tried contact IRCC that you have left the job. His own skin was on the line.

3. Assuming yours was a closed work permit, your spouse must have received an open work permit! Allowing you to have one source of income.

4. Were you aware of redressal policies for harassment by employers? IRCC in some cases would even remove closed nature of your work permit and allow you to work on open permit and seek another job.

5. You should realize one thing however. By working as a manual labourer when your work permit was that of office work, you have violated the conditions of your work permit. That is a massive mess which I don't want to detail here. I find it really hard to believe that a lawyer or a paralegal is not aware of such things. To but it bluntly, what you did is illegal even if you did it under pressure. It puts your entire situation in hot soup.

I don't know what that boss or his son is capable of doing out side the bounds of law but getting involved with them you have put yourself in a bit of mess.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I accepted (legal)
The deal was to work the whole contract in payment for the Pr (legal, it’s a work contract)

Even in the worst case scenario I don’t see any fault on my side, I had no choice but to pay the cash back.
And even if we had an agreement to pay back (which we didn’t) it’s ilegal on his side, it’s ilegal to agree to pay less to your employee.
That’s my understanding.
Errr... just to be sure.

LMIA fee and Work Permit fee cannot be charged on employee AFAIK. That is illegal and I don't know but it can be on you too.

You mentioned that your LMIA was for office work. But you did the work of a manual labourer. That is in violation of your terms of your work permit. Please check it on your work permit and what job and NOC it says there.

I don't know what to suggest for you. If you had a closed work permit locked on a certain job, by working something else you have a mess. To be honest, I will suggest you talk to a lawyer ASAP. An immigration lawyer.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Would add that you also have to be careful. It sounds like you also got into an arrangement for a job in exchange for payment to secure PR which is not legal either. You may have also paid for the job through a consultant. Both people doing something illegal is what keeps the businesses and consultants protected.
There is more. His closed work permit was for office work. He worked as a manual labourer.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I accepted (legal)

That’s my understanding.
The problem it is illegal to make a deal for a job in exchange for PR and to agree to pay for the PR, to submit false documents about how much you are getting paid, etc.

Brinbc

Feb 10, 2021
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-08-2020
Med's Done....
02-10-2020
Not to doubt you but there are something which don't add up.

1. You mentioned that you were a lawyer or something similar back in your home country. I believe you were atleast a para-legal guy. Did it ever occur to you to go through immigration matters, because they are legal matters? I know laws are different but basic idea is same.

2. If you had checked about what are conditions on your work permit, you would have realized that your boss CANNOT cancel your work permit no matter what! He can at worst fire you and then nothing. NOTHING AT ALL. You will still be able to remain in Canada on that work permit which would be valid for 2 years at least. There is NO legal process of cancelling your work permit. At worst, you could be removed from the country if you violate conditions of your WP and did not restore your WP and leaving the job does not constitute violating the terms of WP. When you received your first pay cheque and found your boss demanding a cut from it, you should have left your job then and there. If nothing, it would have taken a lot of anxiety out of your mind. I doubt your boss would have even tried contact IRCC that you have left the job. His own skin was on the line.

3. Assuming yours was a closed work permit, your spouse must have received an open work permit! Allowing you to have one source of income.

4. Were you aware of redressal policies for harassment by employers? IRCC in some cases would even remove closed nature of your work permit and allow you to work on open permit and seek another job.

5. You should realize one thing however. By working as a manual labourer when your work permit was that of office work, you have violated the conditions of your work permit. That is a massive mess which I don't want to detail here. I find it really hard to believe that a lawyer or a paralegal is not aware of such things. To but it bluntly, what you did is illegal even if you did it under pressure. It puts your entire situation in hot soup.

I don't know what that boss or his son is capable of doing out side the bounds of law but getting involved with them you have put yourself in a bit of mess.
Ok so:

1- yes I am a lawyer, a real estate lawyer which has nothing to do with immigration law and also Brazil is a Civil law country and Canada a common law country. Yes I was aware of the legal matter related to the case, but as I mentioned I was receiving orientation of an immigration lawyer and he was the one telling me that the wp was closed and that I had to keep that job no matter what (this is the same lawyer that did the lmia process and friends with my boss).

2- again, at that time I had a lawyer and he said that leaving the job means leaving Canada, which was something that my employer used to threat me every time he could. Also, the accident with my wife happened in less than 1 month of our arrival here in Canada, which put me in a financial hole and left me without options.

3- you are correct, and she got a job, but only after spending months in bed with broken bones and a lot of mental damage.

4- I was just aware of that after a long time working there. At the time I was deep into depression and I was afraid that he would discover about the situation and do something against me or my wife so I endured the work for this long time. After a while I applied for the Pr so I kept working waiting for my PR.

5-One word: Desperation. I was desperate,I had no friends, no family, no money and had to take care of my wife. The only thing I could do was to endure the labor. Was hard as hell but I couldn’t do anything else at that time. I was afraid, confuse e extremely depressed when he forced me to do this kind of labor’s but I had no choice if I was planning to move to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok so:

1- yes I am a lawyer, a real estate lawyer which has nothing to do with immigration law and also Brazil is a Civil law country and Canada a common law country. Yes I was aware of the legal matter related to the case, but as I mentioned I was receiving orientation of an immigration lawyer and he was the one telling me that the wp was closed and that I had to keep that job no matter what (this is the same lawyer that did the lmia process and friends with my boss).

2- again, at that time I had a lawyer and he said that leaving the job means leaving Canada, which was something that my employer used to threat me every time he could. Also, the accident with my wife happened in less than 1 month of our arrival here in Canada, which put me in a financial hole and left me without options.

3- you are correct, and she got a job, but only after spending months in bed with broken bones and a lot of mental damage.

4- I was just aware of that after a long time working there. At the time I was deep into depression and I was afraid that he would discover about the situation and do something against me or my wife so I endured the work for this long time. After a while I applied for the Pr so I kept working waiting for my PR.

5-One word: Desperation. I was desperate,I had no friends, no family, no money and had to take care of my wife. The only thing I could do was to endure the labor. Was hard as hell but I couldn’t do anything else at that time. I was afraid, confuse e extremely depressed when he forced me to do this kind of labor’s but I had no choice if I was planning to move to Canada.
I understand that you were desperate but you knew what you were doing was wrong and illegal from the beginning. If Canada allows both people, companies and employers to get away with paying for PR/jobs then that creates a system where people can be exploited and where people get financially compensated for breaking the law. IRCC seems to be cracking down but it is a huge problem. It also hurts the people trying to immigrate via legal means who are unwilling or unable to pay for a job and businesses who are actually trying to hire foreign workers because they may be denied because of fraud by other businesses.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I won't lecture you on morality etc, but purely on practical side. Breaking law has consequences. Right now, that means putting your immigration status in Canada at risk because your PR was based on the points that you earned as experience in Canada OR as job offer. The condition to those points is "Work experience accumulated legally" and "legally genuine job offer". As I am not a lawyer, I don't know what is the way out of this mess. Thats why my honest suggestion to you, seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer whom you retain NOT your employer. If you are short on financial, there are lawyers who work pro-bono.

As far as your previous boss goes, he looks like full of <fecal matter>. Legally he cann't do a thing. At worst he can charge you falsely for stealing or something BUT that means nothing when tried in court of law. Given his own shady business practices, I doubt he can do any of it.

Out of law, I have no idea. I will suggest to live in a place that he does not know the address of OR your work buddies know. I hope you have not given your home address to him or your work buddies. I am not worried that he will sue you, I am worried what else he will do besides suing you. I will hate a booming buzzing annoying guy (thats your boss) banging on the door asking for his money. So just keep safe. If it comes to it, call the authorities.

Last edited:

mnukkiral

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
@Brinbc I am so heartbroken to read your story. I wish I could have known about this sooner so I could have helped you in some way.

Please check this
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1468&top=10

Here it mentions you can lose your PR if you are found inadmissible to Canada. Check this link for what makes you inadmissible
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons.html

In this they clearly mention the following:
  • misrepresentation, which includes providing false information or withholding information directly related to decisions made under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)
So @GandiBaat was right in some way. If you chose to take a legal action it may very well backfire on you. So it is of utmost importance to contact an immigration and/or civil lawyer. Be cautious and don't think or make decisions with vengeance in your mind.

Good Luck!

Brinbc

Feb 10, 2021
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-08-2020
Med's Done....
02-10-2020
I understand that in a legal case they can interpret the whole situation against me as I endured the almost-slave work.

I still haven’t reported him and I’m trying to reach lawyers to see my case, but the main point here is that this not only happened to me but is currently happening to another person too.

right now while I write this there is a Persian guy who travel half a globe with his wife and his kid for a job that would pay him $38/hour and currently he is working as a stone polisher for 10-12 hours a day in a Chinese factory for $18 an hour, so he takes home around $1400 a month to provide for his family... but you know... fuck him right? He is the villain of the story.

(this situation makes me disgusted, makes me literally ill)

mnukkiral

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
I understand that in a legal case they can interpret the whole situation against me as I endured the almost-slave work.

I still haven’t reported him and I’m trying to reach lawyers to see my case, but the main point here is that this not only happened to me but is currently happening to another person too.

right now while I write this there is a Persian guy who travel half a globe with his wife and his kid for a job that would pay him $38/hour and currently he is working as a stone polisher for 10-12 hours a day in a Chinese factory for $18 an hour, so he takes home around $1400 a month to provide for his family... but you know... fuck him right? He is the villain of the story.

(this situation makes me disgusted, makes me literally ill)

Well did you use your work experience in Canada for your PR application or did you file your PR application based on your work as a Real Estate Lawyer back in Brazil?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

Indeed, this boss of yours is piece of work. And sooner or later he will end up in soup because not only your former boss is a crook, he is stupid as well. He puts life and limb of desparate people working in his business at risk. Leaving aside morality of it, this is a recipe of disaster. How long before one of his employee ends up in an accident (because they were not trained to do the work he expects them to do) OR worse ends up in a criminal incidence (because he loans his employees to equally shady if not worse subcontractors and fails to even pay them)? What if one of those subcontractor blows a gasket and creates a fist fight?

I just want that when he ends up in soup, and authorities review his entire business and find ALL those whom he sponsored for LMIA, he does not ends up dragging you with him because you immigrated based on his job offer and/or experience in his business.