+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer gives incorrect letter for SINP - URGENT - PLS HELP !!!

Prats

Sep 28, 2011
Hello everybody,

My wife completed her one year post graduate diploma from a college in Toronto and landed in Saskatoon this March 2012 for completing her 960 hours work and applying for the SINP programme. She started working with a franchise of a brand as a food Server. After working for approx 2 months we realized that the owner of the restaurant was very lousy and unprofessional and we asked her if she has ever done SINP for anybody to which she replied NO and has not much idea about it.|

My wife, hence, decided to join a better employer/brand where many people have got SINP before. She served a proper one months notice period and left the company professionally. While leaving she told the employer that she would need a letter from her stating the Joining date, end date, number of hours worked and the per hour salary she got, etc as per the SINP guideline. First, the employer refused to give anything like that. On her several requests and pleas she agreed to give it. My wife made the employer understand what all is required in that letter very well.

Today when she got the letter , she found that the DATE on the letter is incorrect, it incorrectly says she is still working with them, and it DOES NOT MENTION the hours she worked with them. The PAY STUB has her name incorrectly written and then manually rectified with pen. And she also got a ROE, on which everything was OK except the fact that the number of hours were less and it said something like INSURABLE HOURS which we don't understand.

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED and hurt when my wife called the employer to get it rectified, she said " YOU ARE BOTHERING ME and I CANT GIVE YOU ANYTHING ELSE. This letter costs us a lot of money and we cant do it again."

Sir/Madam, pls guide us as to what can we do to make the employer give us in writing what we need from her. My wife has worked very sincerely with them for 3 months and we need the letter in the right format and words so as to apply for SINP after 960 hours are complete. What can we do if she refuses to rectify her mistake and provide us the right letter and the correct pay slip with her correct name ? Can we apply for the SINP with just the ROE she has given to my wife or we actually need the letter ? Also, what are insurable hours ? Is it less than actual hours worked ? If yes, does it cut down our actual hours worked ?

PLS GUIDE US AND HELP US and provide us a solution. My wife has spent everyday in Canada following all rules and regulations since Sep 2010 and worked very very hard as a worker and as a student. It is not her fault if the employer is unprofessional and absolutely unaware.|

Can my wife put only the ROE as the first employers proof ?????

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
Sorry about this Prats.
From what I gather, you need this document to submit the PNP application on completing 960 hours else it will change to 12 months work experience in SK owing to the fact that she studied in Toronto.
Did you look at the docs requested on the CIC website? Maybe it is a good idea to call them and give a brief info of the events so they can confirm if it is okay to submit only one doc.

Sorry I am not of much help but hopefully someone who went through the process of SINP application, will be able to provide assistance.

All the best!

hsabharwal

May 8, 2012
I am sorry to hear about the situation but you are getting worked up unnecessarily.Has she got her joining letter with her ,it would state on that what date she joined and what her duties were etc and stuff like that and as far as the no of hrs is concerned i think ROE is more than enough even if it has certain less hours its better than having a letter than wrong date .I would suggest you to contact SINP people directly they are very helpful ask your wife to make a call to them

arif215

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2012
Doc's Request.
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
Its too bad about this, but don't worry. You have her initial offer of employment & her regular paystubs. What I will suggest is, asking the employer for a ROE. The ROE has all the information the SINP needs and the employer is legally bounded to give this. If they don't want to, you can lodge a complaint with Services Canada that they aren't willing to give the ROE to you. Shouldn't be a major problem.

ilovecanada11

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear that. Also, you can check the online servicecanada service for ROE. They currently have the ROE in electronic format.