+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer change

Passion2015

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Do we need to inform CIC about employer change. I change my employer from March 1 and signed my application on Feb 16 and at that time I have not change that. If so how we can inform cic.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Passion2015 said:
Do we need to inform CIC about employer change. I change my employer from March 1 and signed my application on Feb 16 and at that time I have not change that. If so how we can inform cic.
No, you don't have inform CIC

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passion2015 said:
You don't need but be informed that cic can call to your employer for job verification. One of my friend applied for citizenship & after interview his employer received call from CIC for verification.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ar_fabrics said:
You don't need but be informed that cic can call to your employer for job verification. One of my friend applied for citizenship & after interview his employer received call from CIC for verification.
how did cic get telephone number of the employer? Did the interviewer ask for the telephone number or what?

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
how did cic get telephone number of the employer? Did the interviewer ask for the telephone number or what?
Dear Work phone number we have to write on application .

moti

Oct 24, 2012
no need to inform CIC of employer change. If cic calls the employer after the interview then the employer would confirm that he/she worked from to date. no need to worry. its OK to change the job without informing cic. However during the interview if officer ask about your job, do let him/her know about your new job.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passion2015 said:

I would have a similar situation soon. I am submitting my application in May while i will switch my job to a new company one week after. Didn't mean to do this but it just happens in my life..

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

What about if someone used to work with a company and now its closed (Bankruptcy), what will be case?

Thanks

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAY2112 said:
Hello Guys,

What about if someone used to work with a company and now its closed (Bankruptcy), what will be case?

Thanks
Ask for HR employment letter before the company is totally gone.
Also payslips an provide records that you worked there.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, but you mean that I have to enclose these documents with the cirizenship appliction

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
RAY2112 said:
Hello Guys,

Thanks
get the record of employment from service canada website by registering your account. That way you can access past employers record of employment(unless if the record of employment was submitted manually not electronically)

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAY2112 said:
Thanks, but you mean that I have to enclose these documents with the cirizenship appliction
No, I think we should only provide these files ON their demand later.