+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Emergency Visiting Visa

studentr

Dec 17, 2012
Dear all,

I need to visiting temporary visa to Canada for a trip that I will do at the end of the coming month. Since I am traveling this week to another country, I cannot send my
application again with my passport to the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi until I get back on the 13th
of January. However, in my case it takes 12 to 13 working days to process
my visa, and get it back to me. And I am traveling on the 27th of January
to Canada which makes it somehow impossible to get the visa. I am wondering if I still have a hope to get the
visa before that time so:

1- Can I send the application without my passport in this case, since my
passport is already occupied for another urgent travel. ? OR

2- Can I ask for a last minute visa request that can be processed in few
days, faster than the normal processing times.?

Please let me know, or give me alternative solution to my problem.

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

studentr said:
Dear all,

I need to visiting temporary visa to Canada for a trip that I will do at the end of the coming month. Since I am traveling this week to another country, I cannot send my
application again with my passport to the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi until I get back on the 13th
of January. However, in my case it takes 12 to 13 working days to process
my visa, and get it back to me. And I am traveling on the 27th of January
to Canada which makes it somehow impossible to get the visa. I am wondering if I still have a hope to get the
visa before that time so:

1- Can I send the application without my passport in this case, since my
passport is already occupied for another urgent travel. ? OR

2- Can I ask for a last minute visa request that can be processed in few
days, faster than the normal processing times.?

Please let me know, or give me alternative solution to my problem.

Thank you.
1. You apply online, then you don't send your passport until it is requested: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
2. There is no expedited processing, the posted processing time is 5 days, if you are from one of the scheduled countries it will be an additional 10 days

studentr

Dec 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the reply. I checked the online option, and the embassy said that it takes 90 days for online applications inside Canada. Could you please provide more information about how long does it take for people who submitted online applications from outside Canada, such as in my case? And if there is an emergency option to speed up the process.?

Again, thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

studentr said:
Thank you so much for the reply. I checked the online option, and the embassy said that it takes 90 days for online applications inside Canada. Could you please provide more information about how long does it take for people who submitted online applications from outside Canada, such as in my case? And if there is an emergency option to speed up the process.?

Again, thank you for your help, I appreciate it.
There is no processing time posted for the online system, since it only started Dec. 15th. it should be the same processing time as mail applications or quicker.

lina-pina

Dec 20, 2012
Hello studentr,

Have you used online system for visa application? I just wonder whether you had problems with the payment of visa fee?

Thanks in advance