Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
quasar81 said:

I have read somewhere that Secondary review process in PR card also increases chances of RQ reviews in Citizenship applications. Technically these are unrelated processes but SR in PR means there is something in our records which is not liking to IRCC.

Wait times during citizenship applications is even more horrible 2-3 years to get a hearing in front of citizenship judge.

We need to call new minister Ahmad Hussen and tell him to appoint citizenship judges so that 2-3 years time can be reduced. We need to call NOW!! So that more judges can be in place by the time we apply. After we apply it will be too late as judge appointment is a very slow process. 14 Citizenship Judges posts are vacant out of 26 authorized/needed. That is causing long delays.

Call NOW!! Don't be too late. Take action.

Telephone of Minister Office: 416 656 2526

Operator will ask Postal code as preference is given to constituents of York South - "Weston" region from where he is a MP. "Request" that your message be passed on to the Honorable Minister as thousands of Canadian families are suffering due to lack of citizenship judges.
Unfortunately that is the citizenship and immigration process and if you abide by the law you have nothing to be concerned about or to fear other than wait and then you will get your papers. The government is not here to break its citizens or immigrants. They just want to make sure that all the things you claim you are doing are legitimate and true, especially when they are mentioned on an immigration application or a citizenship one.
So I don't know why you are doing all those efforts to push change. It feels like you want to live in Canada your own way and then get out when you have the chance to benefit from something else. If you feel trapped here, you can always leave to another country where they have better immigration norms that better suit your specific situation.
I will not call an MP or a Minister to complain about a process that we know will not change anytime soon. Even though I am one of those who have issues with the way PR cards and citizenship are renewed and provided, I am happy with the way they treat things because I don't want people taking advantage of the PR status or citizenship for convenience purposes. I actually support what the government is doing as I think it has a better grip on the frauds (or to some extents)

As for your comment on citizenship judges, although I can't confirm, but you seem to have read the wrong article. Bill C-24 has specifically taken citizenship decisions from the hands of judges to immigration officers. So you might want to review your facts before calling your minister otherwise no one will listen on the other end.

PS. My comments are not intended to be insulting or judgmental. apologies if they sound like that

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
foodie69 said:
Nick, what a sorry life you have to live here. All these petitions, the rallying. I almost feel sorry for you to be trapped here. You may want to see a doctor?
lol, foodie

I feel sorry you have no guts to write a simple petition, take any action but come back on this forum for what. what a fun eh....

As i said before, MPs, ministers are there for purpose and serve. Thats whether have phones and email - they are not just decorations in a room. They are there for reason.

perfect foodie......

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Saga said:
If you feel trapped here, you can always leave to another country where they have better immigration norms that better suit your specific situation.
I will not call an MP or a Minister to complain about a process that we know will not change anytime soon.

As for your comment on citizenship judges, although I can't confirm, but you seem to have read the wrong article. Bill C-24 has specifically taken citizenship decisions from the hands of judges to immigration officers. So you might want to review your facts before calling your minister otherwise no one will listen on the other end.

PS. My comments are not intended to be insulting or judgmental. apologies if they sound like that
I am not trapped, but fighting for my convenience to travel using Canadian passport. Yes I do. That is part of my plan to move to Canada. It is!! Ministers have phones to listen and take action. It is not calling "complaining" as perfect foodie said, it is just discussion and raising awareness.

Just go read Citizenship thread, 2-3 clicks away on this website and see how many people are waiting for years(under C-24) for citizenship judge hearings.

Please check your facts.

Frank_vt1

Aug 5, 2016
Hi my friends,
I am happy to inform you that my PR card was mailed on Jan 11th.
Thanks every body for sharing and making this journey less stressful.
My timeline:
1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 2016.
3.We started processing your application on March 2016.
4.We sent you correspondence on March 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5.Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 11, 2017.
Good luck to every one.

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
Frank_vt1 said:
Hi my friends,
My timeline:
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 2016.
4.We sent you correspondence on March 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Good luck to every one.
Congratulations. It seems that most of the applicants with SR in March 2016 are receiving their cards. I am tending to say that our applications are sitting idle at IRCC until someone is able to look at them and they are going by order of receipt. Not even sure that are doing anything of value on them other than making sure that what is reported on the application is the same as what CBSA reports or something like that.
I am tending to think we are just the targets of bureaucratic inefficiency

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Frank_vt1 said:
Hi my friends,
My timeline:
Good luck to every one.
Congrats Frank_vt1!

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
I think there are different queues at the different visa offices.
The secondary review team at Sydney is clearly working on March files.
I got my system notes after the approval, and I found a note about the passport stamps review and that they match the client claim. also there is an incoming correspondence about the travel history. Both of those were in December in the week before the approval. So it's fair to say that the file was in a waiting queue from March till December when they did the secondary review and approved it.

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
Chrome said:
I think there are different queues at the different visa offices.
The secondary review team at Sydney is clearly working on March files.
I got my system notes after the approval, and I found a note about the passport stamps review and that they match the client claim. also there is an incoming correspondence about the travel history. Both of those were in December in the week before the approval. So it's fair to say that the file was in a waiting queue from March till December when they did the secondary review and approved it.
Yeah exactly my point. the waiting queue is quite long and that's what's holding the whole thing. they probably applied for all the documents they need to review your case in March but only got them in Dec and then your case was approved.

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Frank_vt1 said:
Hi my friends,
My timeline:
Good luck to every one.
Congrats Frank_vt1! :)

Kissyred

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Here's the updated list (ordered by secondary review referral date):

Dec 2015: tonymiz✔, Mrmr*, rbrar14*
Jan 2016: Osama912✔, bahaar*, harshalp✔, KITJ, quari_gupta08✔
Feb 2016: vop✔, kwtangerine✔, clc70✔, Mrmr*, NSL✔
Mar 2016: Peymanp✔, Chrome✔, Ramik, Brenttristan✔, bob27, peace65, jnasarat, ALGHope✔, TonyL✔, mmha✔
Apr 2016: decent guy 3, Frank_vt1✔
May 2016: MatQue, davidT321
Jun 2016: Chuc, Kissyred*
Jul 2016: Loulita
Sep 2016: quasar81, Saga
Oct. 2016:
Nov2016: peardroppop, Sayadil
Dec 2016 : Asif007

* indicates additional information/documents requested
✔ indicates PR card approved

Good luck everyone!

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Kissyred said:
Here's the updated list (ordered by secondary review referral date):

Dec 2015: tonymiz✔, Mrmr*, rbrar14*
Feb 2016: vop✔, kwtangerine✔, clc70✔, Mrmr*, rbrar14*
Feb 2016: vop✔, kwtangerine✔, clc70✔, NSL✔
Mar 2016: Peymanp✔, Chrome✔, Ramik, Brenttristan✔, bob27, peace65, jnasarat, ALGHope✔, TonyL✔, mmha✔
Apr 2016: decent guy 3, Frank_vt1✔
May 2016: MatQue, davidT321
Jun 2016: Chuc, Kissyred*
Jul 2016: Loulita
Sep 2016: quasar81, Saga
Oct. 2016:
Nov2016: peardroppop, Sayadil
Dec 2016 : Asif007

* indicates additional information/documents requested
✔ indicates PR card approved

Good luck everyone!
Hi Kissyred

Here is list of members, some received PR and some still waiting, may be useful for updating your list

1 - Vop - Info Received - Card Received
2 - Heeradeepak - Card Received
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee
6 - Nadia601
7 - Raymond Wei
8 - Mark Wyatt
9 - Jerome Chen
10 - Torontoman
11 - Mikekoo
12 - Jerry Zhang
13 - JJS
14 - Ezlib - Info Received - Card Received
15 - Amr Maraie
16 - Frankma
17 - JN-PETER
18 - Elliesun - Card Received
19 - Gauri Gupta08 - Info Received
20 - Hasan F - Card Received
21 - Kawkab H - Card Received
22 - Zaineh F - Card Received
23 - Happilee
24 - Helenliu
25 - Daisey178
26 - Jessica Li
27 - rbrar14 - Info Received
28 - Ivylane - Info Received
29 - AnvarKurbanov - Info Received - Card Received
30 - zsahyoun - Info Received
31 - JAPC
32 - ND15
33 - Decent guy - Info Received - Card received
34 - Chenny - Info Received
35 - NSL - Info Received - Card received
36 - Fabi@Otown
37 - Marahmarah – Info Received
38 - AK Verma
39 - Thmommo - Card received
40 - hbzmd - Info Received
41/42/43/44 - loulita - Info Received - Four Members
45 – jungshan - Info Received
46 - mira8098 - Info Received - Card Received
47 - Cameron2020
48 - Brent16 - Received
49 - Zou - Info Received
50 - Zhao - Info Received
51 - Hu - Info Received
52 - Jin - Info Received

All the Best...

Peace65

Nov 23, 2016
Hi buddies
Another member ( thats me ) from March group finally saw something good on application
Application sent Aug 24 2015
Photo rules changed so asked new photos Feb 2016
Application recieved Feb 8 2016
Correspondence sent March 21 2016
Secondary review March 21 2016
Pr card send by mail Jan 12 2017
Guys I just want to say Thank you very much . As mentioned that sharing really made this difficult journey easy and because of that I opened my Ecas otherwise I had stopped looking at it as it would just disappoint me .
I am eligible for citizenship application for March 2017 as well , anyone in same journey plz let us know so we can all move together . And best wishes and prayer for those who r still waiting . And congratulations who recieved it after a long patience .
Best of luck and thanks again .

Kissyred

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Hi AJK_9,
feel free to update the list the way you want, if you'd like.
As for me, I will stick to the list that I have seen and pasted from Chrome and other guys here who I followed for a while now because it is better organized and with dates as to when it went to sec review which is very important. ✌