+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ns_AB said:
No update in online status of my case too. But, I called CIC call center 2 weeks before and they told me that they are working on my application now and should get my PR card in 3-4 weeks.
Here are my timelines -

Application Received at Sydney - August 11, 2014
E-mail Received - 5 January, 2015. No document requested in the e-mail. Just information that case has gone for secondary review and to expect further delay.
No e-mail after that.
Good luck!

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
EddyIT said:
No additional documents requested.

However, I was proactive and sent everything I had in advance with the application even if it wasn't required (Tax files, color copies of passport, employment documents etc)

Good luck.
Thanks...
So, they had everything in front of them and still sent it for secondary review? Go figure...

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

We just received CBSA Report and there are few trips missing so we have to change/revise the PR Renewal forms we already mailed, now we are showing all dates/information as per CBSA report. Is it unlawful to change PR forms that has been already submitted, is there any chance they might believe that we had provided wrong info in the earlier forms and may create some problem....please advise

We already stayed here for more than +850 days and submitting all the documents for last 3 years once again i.e. Color passport, Tax Returns, Bank Stat, Credit Card Stat, Lease & Mortgage deeds, Car & Home Insurance, Job letter, University letter for son, Utility bills etc.

In addition also sending CBSA Report, Entry-Exit Records

Thanks

CastorT

Jul 12, 2015
AJK_9 said:
Hi

We just received CBSA Report and there are few trips missing so we have to change/revise the PR Renewal forms we already mailed, now we are showing all dates/information as per CBSA report. Is it unlawful to change PR forms that has been already submitted, is there any chance they might believe that we had provided wrong info in the earlier forms and may create some problem....please advise

We already stayed here for more than +850 days and submitting all the documents for last 3 years once again i.e. Color passport, Tax Returns, Bank Stat, Credit Card Stat, Lease & Mortgage deeds, Car & Home Insurance, Job letter, University letter for son, Utility bills etc.

In addition also sending CBSA Report, Entry-Exit Records

Thanks

what is CBSA Report? Do they have exit records as well?
thanks

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CastorT said:
what is CBSA Report? Do they have exit records as well?
thanks
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

With regards to AJK_9's query about the "missing" trips, I personally would not remove them from your application: try & document them in other ways: passport stamps? Airline ticket purchases? Credit card statements with purchases abroad? Etc, etc.

If you travelled to or via the U.S., you can also get a travel history record from there.
http://www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia

CastorT

Jul 12, 2015
oh,i just checked the CBSA web sites,and figured out what the CBSA entry/exit records are.thanks!!!
"Travel History Report"
A Travel History Report is a record of a traveller’s entries into Canada. The report documents entries made on or after August 1, 2000. This information is collected by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) on travellers entering Canada. Traveller exit information is also available in a limited capacity but applies only to foreign nationals entering the United States from Canada on or after June 30, 2013.
Highway Passage Reports may also be requested; however, they indicate only that a specific licence plate has been recorded, and do not show the people travelling in the vehicle.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Lammawitch said:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

With regards to AJK_9's query about the "missing" trips, I personally would not remove them from your application: try & document them in other ways: passport stamps? Airline ticket purchases? Credit card statements with purchases abroad? Etc, etc.

If you travelled to or via the U.S., you can also get a travel history record from there.
http://www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia
Hi

Thanks Lammawitch

My question is : " Earlier we missed some trips when we sent PR renewal forms but when we received CBSA letter, we realizes that and now added that trips, so do you think that when PR forms revised they will create any problem ? "

We stayed here for 850+ days

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AJK_9 said:
Hi

Thanks Lammawitch

My question is : " Earlier we missed some trips when we sent PR renewal forms but when we received CBSA letter, we realizes that and now added that trips, so do you think that when PR forms revised they will create any problem ? "

We stayed here for 850+ days
No, I don't think so. Always tell the truth :).

(I originally misread your post and thought that you meant some of your trips were missing from the CBSA report, sorry).

annK

Aug 19, 2015
Send PR renewal in Sept 2014
Secondary Review in Jan 2015
called cic yest ,they said they have mailed my PR card and i will receive that in two weeks ,
Finally !!! ;D ;D

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
annK said:
called cic yest ,they said they have mailed my PR card and i will receive that in two weeks ,
Finally !!! ;D ;D
Congratulations!!!

CastorT

Jul 12, 2015
annK said:
Finally !!! ;D ;D
Congratulations!!!!!!!
any additional documents required??

annK

Aug 19, 2015
CastorT said:
Congratulations!!!!!!!
any additional documents required??

thank you !!
In JAN , they asked for the colored copies of passport and after that nothing . and no urgent processing .

i think they have started opening files again , hope everyone else will get it soon too .

Helen14

Sep 14, 2014
Good news for September 2014 applicants - the process is going!

I called to CIC today on August 20, 2015.
The agent said that our family application has just finalized,
renewed PR cards will be sent by mail to home address in the first week of Sep 2015.

App received by CIC: Sep 9, 2014
Started processing and Sec.Review: Jan 21, 2015.
Decision on PR cards renewal made: near Aug 20, 2015.

No additional docs were required from CIC.
We sent docs with app to prove residence obligations:
- the colored passport copies with all enter/exit stamps translated;
- all rental agreements;
- educational documents (for adults - college transcripts and attendance letters - periods, for child - school report cards);
- we did NOT send Notice of Assessments but attached all work pay stabs (each month).

We did not leave Canada after app was sent for PR card renewal.
We did not apply for urgent processing.
I called to the CIC only twice: in Feb 2015 and Aug 2015.

So as already was written in this forum - ONE year is required for PR cards renewal with SR.

Good luck to all!