+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility of Post-Graduation Working Permit

zctno1

Oct 25, 2015
Hey all,

I will graduate from a 4-year university program next summer, after that I plan to apply for PGWP.
However, I have a concern that I was a part-time student during winter semester (January-April) in 2014, would this part-time status have any impact on the eligibility of my PGWP??? I am really worried about this right now.

By the way, I was keeping my full-time status for all semesters except for the one mentioned above, and I will be a full-time student up to the graduation date.

Any inputs would be truly appreciated!
Thanks!

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
don't think it matters as long as you would get a letter of confirmation of graduation etc.
you can apply for PGWP.

Anonymous23

Mar 22, 2015
Employer provide sponsor for international student

Hi every one
I have a concern that now my employer wants to sponsor me. We went to the lawyer and the lawyer said I need to have at least any certificate or diploma then it will be possible.
So I'm going to study a one year program which also connects with my work currently.
But I just wondering that is it I can get a Post after graduate work permit easily after I graduate because I will study a private school (not public school because right now they don't have the course)
And what if I can not get a after graduate work permit, can he sponsor me or not because still I will be studying and working 1 year for him?
Please advice
Thank you so much

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Employer provide sponsor for international student

Anonymous23 said:
Hi every one
I have a concern that now my employer wants to sponsor me. We went to the lawyer and the lawyer said I need to have at least any certificate or diploma then it will be possible.
So I'm going to study a one year program which also connects with my work currently.
But I just wondering that is it I can get a Post after graduate work permit easily after I graduate because I will study a private school (not public school because right now they don't have the course)
And what if I can not get a after graduate work permit, can he sponsor me or not because still I will be studying and working 1 year for him?
Please advice
Thank you so much
1. if your school is not on the list as designated institute on CIC, you would not be able to apply for PGWP.

2. work and study? is that CO-OP program, if so, you might get a work permit.

3. if your company is willing to sponsor you (assume your company is Canadian )then they can apply for LMIA.
then you can apply for work permit with it.

4. you should apply for study permit first if you want to study in Canada for more than 6 month.

Anonymous23

Mar 22, 2015
Hi
Thank you for your answer
1. Even my school is in listed destination BC of CIC, however; they are not "leading to degree" so they might not able to eligible for PGWP ( I live in Vancouver)

2. It's not work and study co op, it likes I study and can work 20 hours part time during my course occurs.

3. I'm not quite sure that they are able to do or not but I know my company willing to sponsor me anyways.

4. My study permit is valid until 2019
:)

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. you should ask the international centre in the school, they would know if you are eligible for PGWP after you finish the program.

2. as far as i know, you can work part time during the semester and full time on summer break with study permit.

3. not sure how your company sponsor you, one thing I can think of (if the company sponsor you) would apply for LMIA so you can get work permit . (you do not need company to sponsor you for PGWP though)

4. if you study only one year program then you might not be able to hold your study permit till 2019.
- you should ask the international office too.

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zctno1 said:
Hey all,
I will graduate from a 4-year university program next summer, after that I plan to apply for PGWP.
However, I have a concern that I was a part-time student during winter semester (January-April) in 2014, would this part-time status have any impact on the eligibility of my PGWP??? I am really worried about this right now.
By the way, I was keeping my full-time status for all semesters except for the one mentioned above, and I will be a full-time student up to the graduation date.
Any inputs would be truly appreciated!
Thanks!
If you can get the certificate for graduation (instead of diploma), it wont be a problem to apply your pgwp. Sometimes, international students department misguide their students and give wrong information so that I dont recommend that. However, you can call to CIC agent in directly. I think, that's a good idea to call to cic when you have some question before you apply pgwp.

Good luck