+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility 'met' Applications Processing Time

maya13

Sep 2, 2018
Hi All,
Can someone with application status as eligibility 'met' anytime during the whole PR process tell their timelines to process next steps like background check/receive a PPR email.
I want to understand the average time taken to pick such eligibility 'met' files again.
It has been over 5 months since my eligibility was met but no change after it so far.

anishak22

Sep 14, 2017
Hi All,
Can someone with application status as eligibility 'met' anytime during the whole PR process tell their timelines to process next steps like background check/receive a PPR email.
I want to understand the average time taken to pick such eligibility 'met' files again.
It has been over 5 months since my eligibility was met but no change after it so far.
Did you get any update ??

My eligibility is Met. Been 5 months, nO update

maya13

Sep 2, 2018
Did you get any update ??

My eligibility is Met. Been 5 months, nO update
Hi! No, I am still awaiting any sort of change in my application status. I ordered a new set of GCMS notes and received in 2 weeks, but there was no change whatsoever and file was not touched since over 6 months now.

@tobs, @Prashant86_2000 and others - Could you throw some light on processing timelines of eligibility 'met' cases you may have seen please.
Thanks!

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Hi! No, I am still awaiting any sort of change in my application status. I ordered a new set of GCMS notes and received in 2 weeks, but there was no change whatsoever and file was not touched since over 6 months now.

@tobs, @Prashant86_2000 and others - Could you throw some light on processing timelines of eligibility 'met' cases you may have seen please.
Thanks!
I am sorry I did not have details on your profile. But I saw your older posts. Your AOR was Sept. 23rd. You will have to share more details from your GCMS notes for me to comment. Look at the last 3-4 pages that say notes and see if it says s16.(1) or s15(1). Also check the sections called "Activities". Did you pay RPRF Upfront?

Bvk2001

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
I got it in May 2019. It’s been 6 months now since I have moved to Canada
Thank you very much for your promptly reply and I wish you all the best in canada.
My aor april 2019, since my eligibility was met in july,no update ,no movement.

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Thank you very much for your promptly reply and I wish you all the best in canada.
My aor april 2019, since my eligibility was met in july,no update ,no movement.
Hi guys.
Is it very common for them to take these many months as stated in the above posts even after eligibility has been met?

My file is at Ottawa VO and i am exactly 2 months post AOR today. I called IRCC and they told only security and final decision is left. They clearly stated that eligibility has been met.

How many more months of waiting can i expect?

Bvk2001

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Hi guys.
Is it very common for them to take these many months as stated in the above posts even after eligibility has been met?

My file is at Ottawa VO and i am exactly 2 months post AOR today. I called IRCC and they told only security and final decision is left. They clearly stated that eligibility has been met.

Normally after the eligibility is met it takes max 6 weeks,
Eligibility is the most difficult stage ,once cleared you application is likely approved
However two things can delay decision making
1.important numbes of applicants in queue waiting the decision .because after eligibility eligibility met ,the application has to be reviewed by the senior officer er .It is obvious if he senior officer has many applications to review ,the decision making can take extra time.This reason is also valid for the difference observed in processing time with different vo.
2.securiity issues can also be long in others circumstances, but normally security is completed on 3-14 days average.
However if you crossed 6 months ,it is advisable to raise webform

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Normally after the eligibility is met it takes max 6 weeks,
Eligibility is the most difficult stage ,once cleared you application is likely approved
However two things can delay decision making
1.important numbes of applicants in queue waiting the decision .because after eligibility eligibility met ,the application has to be reviewed by the senior officer er .It is obvious if he senior officer has many applications to review ,the decision making can take extra time.This reason is also valid for the difference observed in processing time with different vo.
2.securiity issues can also be long in others circumstances, but normally security is completed on 3-14 days average.
However if you crossed 6 months ,it is advisable to raise webform
Okay. Thanks :)

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
Hi guys.

Hey did you got your Pr?