+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Egyptian files transferred to Ottawa pilot project

mroliveland

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Due to the current situation in Egypt, the CPC-M transfers files to Ottawa instead of Cairo visa office. Is this good or bad? What is the timeline for Ottawa pilot project? It is not posted on their web site.

O

ojaboo

It's faster. We had ours transferred after Mississauga. And it does say with an email recieved that it's usually 12 months. We sent ours the end of September 2011- sponsorship approval November 28th. Permanent residence in process mid-late January 2012. & now Cairo embassy interview next week. So all in all 6months should be after visa is issued I'm assuming in 2-3 weeks. So I think straight from mississauga to Ottawa is a major plus. We had good timing. :) sounds like others have not. With files sent round the world & back again. Anyway I hope that is good news for you.

L

mroliveland

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Those who have recently received the approval from Mississauga, do they transfer the file to Ottawa now or to Egypt?

KAKUNA

Dec 5, 2011
mroliveland said:
Those who have recently received the approval from Mississauga, do they transfer the file to Ottawa now or to Egypt?
Hello guys how long it takes from file sent to ottowa to interview!!!! Boring to count every minute! Ohhh

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KAKUNA said:
Hello guys how long it takes from file sent to ottowa to interview!!!! Boring to count every minute! Ohhh
It seems: there are not too many applicants from Cairo Visa office since they switched to Ottowa. I do not even know when did they start the switch and if it is still in effect, did they switch systemtically or they are doing it sporadically as in processing application! Any official document that shows this switch!