+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Egyptian Citizens inland and outland, let's Connect here

H O N E S T

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Category........
Ahmed_adel107 said:
I'm a pharmacist in Egypt. I graduated at June 2016, and i have been working as a pharmacist since then.
the problem is when i registered in the syndicate in Egypt, I received a work license on 22 September 2016 and I found out that there's a law in Egypt that I'm only eligible to work after i receive this license, but actually in our real life this law is not followed and i have started working before receiving it.

so, should I apply next June relying on my graduation date and the experience letter i have, or do i have to wait tell next September to be able to apply ?

N.B: I have both my ECA and IELTS and the only thing holding me from applying is completing the one year experience.
Your reference letter should be dated after your license date. You should take into consideration that an officer can call your employer or even send a customer to your pharmacy to make sure you work there.
I suppose you are single and below 30 so you still have a great chance to get ITA even with one year of foreign work experience but you MUST get at least CLB 9 in IELTS to be eligible for the 67 points of FSW calculation. My advice is to wait till next September and try to get CLB 10 meanwhile.

Gooner

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2017
Med's Done....
11-02-2017
Ahmed_adel107 said:
I'm a pharmacist in Egypt. I graduated at June 2016, and i have been working as a pharmacist since then.
the problem is when i registered in the syndicate in Egypt, I received a work license on 22 September 2016 and I found out that there's a law in Egypt that I'm only eligible to work after i receive this license, but actually in our real life this law is not followed and i have started working before receiving it.

so, should I apply next June relying on my graduation date and the experience letter i have, or do i have to wait tell next September to be able to apply ?

N.B: I have both my ECA and IELTS and the only thing holding me from applying is completing the one year experience.
Pharmacist here, so listen 8)
When you get to the stage of filling out your Express Entry profile, you will be entering :
1- Date you became qualified to practice your nominated profession (in your case Pharmacist): It must be the month/year when you received your Ministry of Health registration (In your case 09/2016). Do not enter the date of graduation.

2- I assume you have an ECA issued from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada. If you don't, then you need to have it so you can select "Master or an Entry-to-practice degree" under education; which is advantageous. You SHOULD NOT nominate NOC 3131: Pharmacist as a primary occupation nor select Entry-to-practice degree for extra points with an ECA issued from WES.

3- To qualify for FSW program you need at least one year of full time work experience in your nominated occupation (In your case, you will be achieving that in October 2017 inchallah).

HOWEVER, having said that, that is not the only experience you can list in your Express Entry work history. You can also list all pre-registration work experience you have had for the sake of gathering CRS points only if they will come to the sum of two extra years. Do not bother if the total sum of your work experience will be under 3 years as it won't make any difference to your CRS score.

Examples:
You can use the title "Intern Pharmacist" for the work period between the date of graduation and the date of registration, Intern Pharmacist falls under the same primary NOC 3131 NOC 3131
[Technically, you can include it in your 1 year work experience for FSW as both titles "Pharmacist" and "Intern Pharmacist" fall under the same NOC, but I wouldn't advise it since it is risky and may cause confusion to the case officer. You better off waiting for a solid one year experience as a registered Pharmacist]

For all other Pharmacy experience you have had during Uni years, you can add them under the title "Pharmacy Assistant" or "Pharmacy Technician" NOC 3219

Let me know if you have any questions and good luck.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Gorgy said:
Any dentists here with work experience in Egypt ?!
Yes but I didn't use the government experience at all, I used my experience at dental centers instead.

It looked like too much of a hassle to get any government documents done. You may find help here though:

http://www.almatareed.org/

GIVA333

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Thanks uppercut , and regarding marriage and birth certificates i translated via translation office, is this enough or better at ministry of justice and health?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
GIVA333 said:
Thanks uppercut , and regarding marriage and birth certificates i translated via translation office, is this enough or better at ministry of justice and health?
I don't think there's an issue, but I personally followed in the footsteps of other Egyptians and got my PCC translated at the MOJ. You can get birth certificates in English directly from el 3abaseya, so no translation would be required.

igenena

May 15, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone
Would you please help
After attesting the PCC from foreign affairs,, does it also need to be certified from Canada embassy in Egypt?
Thank you
I don't even think you needed to attest from foreign affairs whatsoever. Is it a must? Where is that instruction mentioned?

Reactions: walaa

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
I don't even think you needed to attest from foreign affairs whatsoever. Is it a must? Where is that instruction mentioned?
no need

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
I have a couple questions. Any FSWO residing in Egypt who already received PPR here?

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
How long have been your application in process so far
Still waiting, today marks 6 months and 5 days since AOR, 4 months exactly in security check. According to April 18th GCSM notes.

Anybody took this long in security?

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Dear Colleagues,
Plz, assist for the exact address, where I can translate my birth and marriage certificates as well.
Thank you
Some people here suggested ministry of foreign affairs I think? I personally did at a certified law and translation firm in Alexandria.