+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

Abkssh

Jan 24, 2015
screech339 said:
The problem is that you can't post date your application. You can't sign it june 20 and mail it June 18. For one thing, that's fraud. If I am not mistaken, the online residence calculator won't match up as it would list June 18th when you printed it up and submit with your application.

If they were to allow that, I could have the package ready, sign posted dated a week later and have it arranged with courier to have it delivered on a specific day. I can then head out of Canada the next day. When the package arrived at CIC a week later. The application says I was in Canada up to time CIC received application when in fact I wasn't since I am including time in Canada towards 1095 days. Do you see the flaw in sending a post dated application?

CIC offices are closed on weekends so they won't be accepting any applications on june 20 until June 22.
Thanks again screech339 but I have other question for you, Is it mandatory to use the online calculator or I case use anyone of them? I am planning to use the second one which is downloadable and will sign it and send it on June 20 so that it will reach CIC Sydney on Monday, June 22.

ohms

Jun 20, 2012
screech339 said:
The problem is that you can't post date your application. You can't sign it june 20 and mail it June 18. For one thing, that's fraud. If I am not mistaken, the online residence calculator won't match up as it would list June 18th when you printed it up and submit with your application.

If they were to allow that, I could have the package ready, sign posted dated a week later and have it arranged with courier to have it delivered on a specific day. I can then head out of Canada the next day. When the package arrived at CIC a week later. The application says I was in Canada up to time CIC received application when in fact I wasn't since I am including time in Canada towards 1095 days. Do you see the flaw in sending a post dated application?

CIC offices are closed on weekends so they won't be accepting any applications on june 20 until June 22.
Agreed. However you don’t need to print the CIC calculator on exactly the same day you are applying. As long as the “application date”, the date of signature on the CIC calculator, and the date of signature on the main application are the same (should be at least a day after you met the 1095, and definitely should not be post-dated), then you are OK. it's OK if the printer footnote message on the printout shows that you printed it let’s say 2 days in advance.. a lot of people print it beforehand to check if all is OK, and then sign/date it when they are ready to send

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Are you kidding.................... you are one the verge of applying for a Canadian Citizen and you are not even close to acquiring canadian values, in desperation you are trying to do a fraud.............. no wonder why government is tightening the screws !

Abkssh said:
Hi Screech339, I am eligible to apply on June 19, 2015 and planning to sign and send the application from Calgary on June 20. Base on what you stated here, if I sign it June 20 and mail it on June 18 so that, it reaches Sydney June 20 then do you think that they pass it? and also please June 20 will be Saturday, do you think that there will be anybody from CIC who will receive parcels during weekends? Thanks

Intelligent

Jun 4, 2015
I called CIC few months ago and they told me the new rules will take effect on June19th. I called them again few days ago and
they told me it is not going to be June 19th but we don't know the new date so I really don't know who came up with the July 1st date in this forum.
There was an interview from Chris Alexander few months ago that mentioned the new rules will take effect some time this summer,so July? August? September?? can be any of these months, right?

The bottom line is the new effective date is not announced yet. the effective date might even be in August or September 2015, so be positive.
The best things is to get all your documents ready and keep an eye on any official news related to this topic.

I wish Good Luck for all of us
Cheers :D

Abkssh

Jan 24, 2015
gst8486 said:
Are you kidding.................... you are one the verge of applying for a Canadian Citizen and you are not even close to acquiring canadian values, in desperation you are trying to do a fraud.............. no wonder why government is tightening the screws !
gst8486 Agreed with you but I was just asking and I will sign it on June 20 and mail it so that it will reach CIC Sydney on Monday 22, But my question now is that a difference if I use the downloadable calculator or it is mandatory to use the online calculator? Thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Abkssh said:
gst8486 Agreed with you but I was just asking and I will sign it on June 20 and mail it so that it will reach CIC Sydney on Monday 22, But my question now is that a difference if I use the downloadable calculator or it is mandatory to use the online calculator? Thanks
You can use either one. The downloadable calculator may subject yourself to errors in adding up the days properly. The online calculator will be correct and doesn't leave any errors unless you input the dates wrong.

For anyone who wants to apply at the 1095 day mark, I would use the online calculator so there isn't any room for errors.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
BC Civil Liberties Association is sending out a petition for people to sign. They are going to contest the May 29th Governor in General order to bring revocation laws into effect.

https://www.change.org/p/hon-chris-alexander-pc-mp-canadian-government-stop-bill-c-24-don-t-turn-millions-of-us-into-second-class-canadian-citizens/u/11002985?tk=zqEHb9AdW9FtKk7uVq46DQ-ofPc0V7hd8hJI3vBvjO4&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intelligent said:
I called CIC few months ago and they told me the new rules will take effect on June19th. I called them again few days ago and
they told me it is not going to be June 19th but we don't know the new date so I really don't know who came up with the July 1st date in this forum.
There was an interview from Chris Alexander few months ago that mentioned the new rules will take effect some time this summer,so July? August? September?? can be any of these months, right?

The bottom line is the new effective date is not announced yet. the effective date might even be in August or September 2015, so be positive.
The best things is to get all your documents ready and keep an eye on any official news related to this topic.

I wish Good Luck for all of us
Cheers :D
people think is July 1st cause is Canadian day but I don't think is going to be anytime soon

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
shaazdeh said:
people think is July 1st cause is Canadian day but I don't think is going to be anytime soon
TRUE

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaazdeh said:
If you read this thread from the first page. People were saying rule will implement in JAN 2015. After JAN they said in FEB , after FEB then MARCH then MAY now its JUNE people saying may be JULY , AUG, SEP . The truth is no one knows when this rule is implementing so just relax and wait for official announcement.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
staralihaider said:
If you read this thread from the first page. People were saying rule will implement in JAN 2015. After JAN they said in FEB , after FEB then MARCH then MAY now its JUNE people saying may be JULY , AUG, SEP . The truth is no one knows when this rule is implementing so just relax and wait for official announcement.
People who predicted Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr/May timeframe to be the implementation date doesn't seem to know the definition of the word "one year". June/July timeframe seems to fit the definition of one year after royal ascent of bill.

If the implementation date goes beyond June/July timeframe, then it only means that it has been delayed longer than ONE YEAR. Anyway, since we are now in June, it proved that any months predicted prior to June was a futile, scare mongering attempt for no reason at all.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
staralihaider said:
You are correct. As we look back in time, all these dates were nothing more than speculation or fear mongering. Just try to look from administration perspective. The provisions of this bill have been introduced in a piecemeal manner; provisions that are financially beneficial, easy to implement and logical in order, went in sooner. For example - application fee increase. 4/6 years residency provision was difficult to predict with exact dates since provision involves human training as well as substantial changes in the application evaluation and processing. One year is just a ballpark duration to implement all the provisions. 4/6 years residency provision will be implemented once it is ready to be supported by the system and personnel.

Before anyone starts to vent their frustration on my post, I want to mention that I am on the verge of qualifying in late July, so I am equally impacted. Having said that, I understand that there is nothing we can do to influence the implementation date. So why not just enjoy your life in Canada and apply when you qualify.

Peace!!! :)

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Abkssh said:

It doesn't matter which calculator you use, so you you can use whatever youa re comfortable with. I personal like the online calculator, chances of mistakes or miscalculations are very low if you use online calculator !

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
screech339 said:
People who predicted Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr/May timeframe to be the implementation date doesn't seem to know the definition of the word "one year". June/July timeframe seems to fit the definition of one year after royal ascent of bill.

If the implementation date goes beyond June/July timeframe, then it only means that it has been delayed longer than ONE YEAR. Anyway, since we are now in June, it proved that any months predicted prior to June was a futile, scare mongering attempt for no reason at all.
+1. Was an unnecessary scare.