Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
That would be great if that happens. But doesnt seem likely.

ottomancan said:
Hey guys! I was just with a friend and she did her test 2 weeks ago and she asked what will happen to this new rule will come enforcement. And they said it will not be this summer because they need to finish the applications that been waiting for so long. What the person said once they clean up old applications then they will enforce the new rule.

I just wanted to share with you guys.

Good luck to all of us!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
ottomancan said:
Hey guys! I was just with a friend and she did her test 2 weeks ago and she asked what will happen to this new rule will come enforcement. And they said it will not be this summer because they need to finish the applications that been waiting for so long. What the person said once they clean up old applications then they will enforce the new rule.

Good luck to all of us!
Actually this does not make sense any way. There may be reasons why the implementation of the revised requirements is getting delayed (which still does not seem likely but it is feasible), but it will not be delayed because there is still a backlog to deal with . . . remember, if anything, once the revised requirements take effect, the number of new applications will decline to a small percentage of the usual filings of new applications, since a year's worth of immigrants will suddenly have to wait a full extra year to qualify, reducing the pool of eligible applicants to a mere fraction of the usual.

In the meantime, so long as the new law does not take effect, there is a continuing stream of PRs applying under the old law, and this may actually be a somewhat larger than usual number because many who would have waited longer to apply are applying sooner to avoid missing the cut off when the new law takes effect. So the number of cases being processed under the old law will continue to increase right up to the day the new law takes effect.

Must note, though, there are rampant rumours of delay . . . hard to see that happening but there sure are a lot of rumours suggesting it will.

In the meantime, while the call centre responses are not reliable, June 19 is indeed a very feasible prospect for the day the revised requirements will take effect.

Abkssh said:
Thanx Essy86, I am so worry about that as I am 55 years and as per new law I will have to write the test as well as waiting one more year. But if i sign it June 20 and send it earlier, does that make a big sense to cic or they can pass it? It is just one day difference and I dont like to call them atb all.
If the application is signed June 20 and it is complete, that is the day the application is made . . . regardless of when it is mailed or arrives at CIC. So if the new law took effect June 19, this approach accomplishes nothing.

And in the meantime, beside the blatant and obvious misrepresentation in the signature box in which you verify the accuracy of all information in the application, which would be obvious because CIC keeps the shipping package and would readily see that the date you purported to sign it you could not have signed it . . . as others point out, post-dated applications are not valid.

BUT there is a fair chance the new law will not be in effect until later . . . perhaps July 1st . . . so keep watching for news before you give up. You may get an opportunity to apply under the old law yet.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ottomancan said:

Good luck to all of us!
Every single day applications are entering the queue, so the only way you can do that is to STOP receiving new applications, like they did with fathers and grandparents sponsorship.

So, briefly, it doesn't make ANY sense.

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
So June 19th is hopefully not the date hey? since they didn't give any notice yet.

FR

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
My sons will accumulate 1095 days on July 1st and I will accumulate the required physical residency of 1095 on August 15. Please tell me we can all apply this year and we don't need to wait another 1 year . :(

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Do you guys think there is ANY chance of the new law be applied to applications that are already at CIC but didn't get the AOR yet?

ohms

Jun 20, 2012
Bigudi said:
Do you guys think there is ANY chance of the new law be applied to applications that are already at CIC but didn't get the AOR yet?
No, as long as your application was received at CIC before the implementation then you are fine. They look at the date the application was received, not when the AOR is issued

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Bigudi said:
This can happen only IF the application is returned for some reason to the sender, before the AOR.

A reason might be that the application is deemed incomplete according to the agent who is checking it.

AOR is a guarantee that the application will be processed under the current rules.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
ohms said:
No, as long as your application was received at CIC before the implementation then you are fine. They look at the date the application was received, not when the AOR is issued
All right. My applications was received and signed at May 27. So if it is not returned (as per @Politren's answer) I should be safe and sound under the old law.
Thank you both very much.

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sinpguy said:
So June 19th is hopefully not the date hey? since they didn't give any notice yet.
Nobody knows. Might be.

FR said:
My sons will accumulate 1095 days on July 1st and I will accumulate the required physical residency of 1095 on August 15. Please tell me we can all apply this year and we don't need to wait another 1 year . :(
Nobody knows. Maybe. Maybe not.

Also, if some of those 1095 days are pre-PR, you may have to wait more than one year.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FR said:
Yeah, you can all apply this year.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Still no news. In particular, no posting or publishing of the Governor in Council Order fixing May 29, 2015 as the coming into force date for some key provisions in the SCCA.

Many times the Gazette scheduled for publication is actually available online the day before (the scheduled Part I publication May 30, for example, was accessible Friday the 29th). But it does not appear we will be seeing the Regular Edition scheduled for tomorrow until tomorrow. Unfortunately it is not certain that this latest Governor in Council Order will be published in this Edition.

I still think there is a significant prospect this Order will contain additional information about the coming into force of other provisions in the SCCA . . . and it will be published in the near future if it is not published in tomorrow's Regular Edition of Part II.

Still, though, overall NO news, plenty of troll activity, but no news about the effective date for the revised grant citizenship requirements.

CitizenCA2015

Jun 1, 2015
Read news in a Chinese forum saying that on June 1 Chris Alexander said the 4/6 rule will be effective this summer. When talking about the date, he said summer solstice is June 21 for 2015 but the date would need to be confirmed with the governor in council.

It does not give any detail about when and where Chris Alexander made the above statement so I am not sure if this is real or just another rumour.

I sent my application yesterday and it was delivered today so if it is not returned I will be under the old 3/4 rule.

To whoever meets the 1095 days before June 21, I would suggest you send it as soon as possible.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
It doesn't sound reliable at all. But than again... nothing does.
I really like the input from several sources, because it allow us to discuss the matter.
But at the end, we really need an official source to declare something concrete to us. And we are still waiting...

CitizenCA2015 said:
Read news in a Chinese forum saying that on June 1 Chris Alexander said the 4/6 rule will be effective this summer. When talking about the date, he said summer solstice is June 21 for 2015 but the date would need to be confirmed with the governor in council.

It does not give any detail about when and where Chris Alexander made the above statement so I am not sure if this is real or just another rumour.

I sent my application yesterday and it was delivered today so if it is not returned I will be under the old 3/4 rule.

To whoever meets the 1095 days before June 21, I would suggest you send it as soon as possible.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Today's Regular Edition of Part II in the Gazette does not contain the Order by the Governor in Council fixing May 29, 2015 as the date key provisions in the SCCA come into force.

So far the only source stating there is such an Order is CIC, in its news release last Friday, and in CIC's Program Delivery Instructions. Neither of these is an official source. Nonetheless there is no reason to doubt the accuracy of CIC's online information, thus we can expect that the Governor in Council has made such an Order.

I looked back at all the Orders of this sort (fixing the date statutory provisions are to come into force) for the past several months, and the longest gap between the date of the Order and the date of publication in the Gazette has been three weeks on two occasions (for example, there is one in today's Part II which was made May 14, fixing May 15th as the date the Rouge National Urban Park Act comes into force, publication just today June 3).

Thus, this most recent Order by the Governor in Council regarding effective dates for Bill C-24 may not be published until the June 17th Part II Regular Edition of the Gazette.

Given the meticulous manner in which this government manages these matters, typically orchestrating even minute details to control all aspects of its more important actions, my strong sense is the timing is very much deliberate, deliberately timing the Order so that its content is not publicized for as long as possible. My sense is that the purpose of this was to reduce the lead time between disclosure of the precise date the revised grant citizenship requirements will become effective and the date they do become effective. That is, to give the public a minimal amount of advance notice before the 4/6 rule comes into force.

This in turn leads me to be more inclined still that this Order by the Governor in Council, which was probably made May 28 or May 27, is likely to have also fixed the dates for other provisions of the SCCA to come into force . . . which is to say I think that it may very well have fixed the date for the 4/6 rule to take effect.

While still in the nature of speculating, unless there is (as a number of rumours are suggesting) something causing the government to delay the implementation of the revised requirements (4/6 et al rules), all this seems to be pointing at either June 19th or July 1st as the most likely date the 4/6 et al rules will take effect.

If this is what is happening, the rumour mill should begin buzzing more frenetically than ever soon. If the most recent Order by the Governor in Council, regarding the SCCA, addresses the date the 4/6 et al rules will take effect, the number of people who know the date has to have increased dramatically, and thus the likelihood of leaks has increased.

Otherwise, unless the Order pops up in the Privy Council database sooner, it appears we should know more June 17 when the next Regular Edition of the Gazette is published . . . although, CIC may also publicize the information sooner as well (as it has the coming into force date for Section 8 of the SCCA).

Effective public notice as of June 17 probably works, for this government's purposes, for either a June 19 or July 1 effective date. This is what leads me to think there is a stronger than ever indication one or the other of these is the likely day. I suppose that July 1st remains the odds-makers' favourite (but certainly not the favourite for the thousands who would be able to apply in July if the effective date is delay to later).