+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At least the answer (if any) will come from a person with a name and reputation in the public space.

Not from anonymous guessing call centre clerk who knows that he/she is safe , because there is no way to file a complain against him/her.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
I dont think that even the MP can be held accountable. There is no way to complain against MP for misinformation.

MUFC said:
At least the answer (if any) will come from a person with a name and reputation in the public space.

Not from anonymous guessing call centre clerk who knows that he/she is safe , because there is no way to file a complain against him/her.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The situation is indeed very tricky. But there is no surprise that the lack of any official and definite information so deep already in 2015 can only increase the speculations that this rules will be effective at much later stage of this year or even for next year.

All these speculations and lack of any official information can create only confusion and anxiety among the applicants which will be eligible in the next 4 months.

And it seems in will be like this until the very last moment. Some applications might be caught on their way to the CIC office, because the people will not be aware what to expect and when exactly to expect it.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Not sure you could could categorized "deep" in 2015 when you have 2 months to go before June 2015.

If CiC stick to June/July timeframe, they have another month to go assuming they give 1 month notice of deadline. Still plenty of time.

I would considered it deep in 2015 if we are in June and still no notice.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The problem is that Approximately have two directions (+ and -) from June. So it could be May and July along with June.

If we assume that Approximately is (+-) 1 month range from June. It might be very close or very far, nobody knows.

It is not even clear how much notice they will give.

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
CanadianCountry said:
Although i see no value in asking MP but my 2 cents is that not many citizens are interested in the BillC24 implementation date. So not many citizens are asking about this.

The person who asks will almost automatically be deemed as a noncitizen, so the MP may disregard this info request as frivolous.
This is my amswer to @ screech.

In addition, a conservative MP will never do or ask something that is against Conservatives'interest.We all have een living in canada long enough to know how things run in canada

People have to demand to learn the implementation date.Nobody is demanding anything legally....So who cares what u do?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sreech is right that the local MP has no clue if someone is PR or nor.

But on the other hand it's also true that the nature of the question suggest that the people asking are not citizens yet.

Mar 13, 2015
MUFC said:
The problem is that Approximately have two directions (+ and -) from June. So it could be May and July along with June.

If we assume that Approximately is (+-) 1 month range from June. It might be very close or very far, nobody knows.

It is not even clear how much notice they will give.

I think we've analysed this aspect of C-24 more thoroughly than the MPs (even the SPs) did before its passage.

Literally, within hours of the passage of C-24, the CIC, in a much welcomed, reassuring gesture, announced the new residency requirement as coming into effect "in approximately a year" (19 June 2015). Apparently, the majority of call centre representatives, including supervisors, have confirmed same.

As of this moment, thus far, the CIC has steadfastly adhered to this timetable, without deviation.

Yet the scurrilous accusations continue, unabated; i.e. of bad faith, lack of transparency, killjoy, vacation pooper, anti-immigrant (as if we immigrants weren't the CIC's best customers!), intentional frustration of applicants' efforts to use Canadian citizenship as a throw rug, head first diving board to the U.S. job market, etc, ad nauseum!

In the event that the actual date of implementation of the "other shoe to drop" should come to be 19 June 2015, I can envision those who would would argue that "approximately" does not mean "precisely", and that they were misled!

Someone once noted that [of the good faith, qualified applicants among us], we shall all go on to citizenship, under the old or new requirements.

Either (1) we calm down and await the announcement (or confirmation) of the precise date of implementation, or (2) we don't calm down and await the announcement (or confirmation) thereof!

The company Lenscrafters formerly advertised service "in about an hour". The company prudently did not specify "in an hour" for the same reasons that the CIC did not specify "in a year". At times we must read among the lines, not to mention those who would read more effortlessly with Lenscrafters' eyewear.

As for the unsubstantiated rumours and other disinformation, misinformation, missing in action information, etc. that abound here, as my beloved uncle, the American citizen and philosopher, Groucho Marx one quipped:

"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"

Thanks for reading my post(s)! I always try to introduce an element of humor [sic] into this otherwise
stuffy subject!

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some of the people who have talked and using information from the supervisors (You can go back on this topic) can tell that the information coming from the supervisors is that it will NOT be enforced before July.

The last information from the supervisors is that they don't know and nothing have been confirmed.

The main reason why the regular clerks are saying 19th of June is because they got the very same information like we do, so basically they are trying to guess.

Two times before I've talked with a regular call centre clerk who was very convinced that the date is 19th and it was already published.

I said to him that the date is not accurate because we have approx. a year from 19th and he said that they have the same information like we do already published on the day of the Royal Ascent last year.

From that moment I realized that I am wasting my time calling them, because they just try to guess over the official message from last year.

I can't accept confirmed dates based on the personal perception from a call centre clerk.

If the date was clear it would have been published long time ago and saving the time of immigration lowyers guessing also what the date will be.

Whoever wants to believe the call centre clerks is free to do so.

The problem is that it seems impossible to find out the real cut off date so the only option for the people is to wait and hope that there will be some official clarity soon.

Tornado_75

Jul 16, 2014
SherifEF said:
I have seen in other forum, the effective date of Bill C24 is July 19th 2015. I.e anyone will apply before this date, he has to meet 1095 days as basic or physical residence. One of my friend, called CIC, and was told that the effective date is June 19th 2015 which is one year from the Bill 24 release date"June 19th 2014".

My question which date is correct July 19th 2015 or June 19 2015?

Also, if you guys getting this information from CIC customer service, why CIC did not put this information in the CIC site? Does it mean this date is still tentative date yet?

Thanks for your support.
SEF
Hi. I called the CIC today (April 15, 2015) and they informed that Bill C-24 will be effective on June 19th, 2015

Tornado_75

Jul 16, 2014
Hi. I called the CIC today (April 15, 2015) and they informed that Bill C-24 will be effective on June 19th, 2015 and anybody will apply after this date will be treated with respect to the new law no matter the date he/she got the PR.
Good Luck

Mar 13, 2015
MUFC said:
Some of the people who have talked and using information from the supervisors (You can go back on this topic) can tell that the information coming from the supervisors is that it will NOT be enforced before July.

I can't accept confirmed dates based on the personal perception from a call centre clerk.

If the date was clear it would have been published long time ago and saving the time of immigration lowyers guessing also what the date will be.

We are all in and fresh off the same boat. Some people are contacting the call centre on many occasions (no wonder there is a long wait time!), then averaging the resultant information. Others are exchanging their anxieties and frustrations with us, as if the compelling nature of our frustrations would affect the realities of the date of implementation.

As confirmed by many, the vast majority of call centre representatives have apprised us of the 19 June 2015 date, which is entirely consistent with the CIC press release date of 19 June 2014.

I would respectfully suggest that we simply, at least tacitly accept the 19 June 2015 date, and go on with our lives. If it comes to pass that that date is accurate, then we shall have been fully prepared. Even dpenabill, who is probably more familiar with C-24 than most MPs, and even renowned immigration lawyers, has repeatedly reminded us of the inutility of this incessant speculation (although he does admit to a certain measure of speculation in his sophisticated mental meanderings, calculated to inform, educate and prepare us).

Perhaps I have no right to attempt to put our collective minds at ease, for this topic was once exciting, somewhat akin to horse racing, with the exception that the tracks don't issue reassuring press releases (see http://racing.hkjc.com/racing/info/meeting/Results/english/), as did the CIC, which to date, as the helmsman of our immediate futures, has not, however slightly, deviated from course!

Thank you.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dpenabill is very familiar not only with that Bill, but with the work of CIC and the attitude of the Conservatives.

For that reason he also can say that we can't trust 100% on what is coming from the call centre without nothing official to support it.

He also knows how dangerous is this government when they are using words like "Brief", "Approximately" and so on, describing range of time.

I have the same approach like most of the people, waiting for the real cut off date officially confirmed.

So far nothing official.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MUFC said:
dpenabill is very familiar not only with that Bill, but with the work of CIC and the attitude of the Conservatives.

For that reason he also can say that we can't trust 100% on what is coming from the call centre without nothing official to support it.

He also knows how dangerous is this government when they are using words like "Brief", "Approximately" and so on, describing range of time.

I have the same approach like most of the people, waiting for the real cut off date officially confirmed.

So far nothing official.
How is the use of "approximate" and "brief" dangerous? Are people's lives in danger as if they are dying?

At least a government can provide some kind of lead time schedule of when any bill is suppose to be completed by. It is better to give a head's up (this C-24 gave us a year's advanced notice) rather than no notice of change at all.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dangerous in a sense of large time scale than normally to be expected.

He can explain better why when the government is using "Brief" "Approximately" in official statements is a blurry field what to be expected.