Destined

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Na123,
I will be eligible by 10th May. We are almost in same boat. I have decided to apply on 1097th day. Until there is any formal announcement from CIC that the cut off date is in June/July.
Lets hope for the best.

na123 said:
True. I will be applying with 1097 days by the end of May. I would have liked to get more buffer but it is way too risky right now. I don't want to wake up the next morning and see the CIC website that the law became effective.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
Destined said:
Na123,
I will be eligible by 10th May. We are almost in same boat. I have decided to apply on 1097th day. Until there is any formal announcement from CIC that the cut off date is in June/July.
Lets hope for the best.
I will be eligible on 12th may , I am thinking of applying on 15th

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Me too, I'll apply on May 31 if they won't implement the new law before that.

na123 said:
True. I will be applying with 1097 days by the end of May. I would have liked to get more buffer but it is way too risky right now. I don't want to wake up the next morning and see the CIC website that the law became effective.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi gammabeta79 ,

I think photocopy of your old transcript and degree certificate is adequate since you have taken those after completing your studies so definitely there is no more updates on those.

I don't think you have to notarize those, they have asked for clear and legible photocopies.

gammabeta79 said:
I completed my post graduate degree in Canada and will apply that as a language proof. I am wondering what I should attach from below:

1. I have sealed transcript from University but is old (from 2011). Definitely I graduated before 2011 and I did not attend any school after that.
2. I have sealed degree certificate from university but that is also sealed in 2011 (probably has date it was sealed)
3. I can photocopy the degree certificate and get it notarized and attach it.

I am wondering what should I attach. Please help

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
I applied with 1100 physical residence days.
Is it good enough. Did not wanted to take a chance.

thanks,
Godhelp

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
godhelp said:
I applied with 1100 physical residence days.
Is it good enough. Did not wanted to take a chance.

thanks,
Godhelp
Good luck...
Just hope they waited till election where they loose and new govt gave some relaxation.

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
Destined said:
Na123,
Lets hope for the best.
Great, good luck to you. I hope we will make it.

I have been following bill c-24 from Feb2014, and I am only about 40 days away from applying so I hope I am able to.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are absolutely sure about your travel dates, I think 1096 days are enough.

godhelp said:
does 1100 of Physical Residence
trigger a Residency Questionaire ??

Godhelp

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
thanks are answer.
One more question. I was reading in some forum that one has
to provide telephone number of all employers in work history where one worked,
but in application form and instruction guide and did not see
this specific instruction.

thanks,
Godhelp

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
godhelp said:
thanks are answer.
One more question. I was reading in some forum that one has
to provide telephone number of all employers in work history where one worked,
but in application form and instruction guide and did not see
this specific instruction.

thanks,
Godhelp
No; you dont have to

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
thanks. Friends I pray that CIC
provide justice to candidates by
telling them well in advance when new rule
will get forced. I just could not wait and applied
with 1100 because was so afraid, otherwise would
have gathered some more number of days. I hope they
apply new rules to who became new PRs after June 19th, 2014.

thanks,
Godhelp

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
All the 30 day comment period ends in 2 days. and I will have about 40 days left to be eligible to apply :p

Quick question: I will send my certified copy of my masters degree from canada, along with my grades?

Is that enough for language proof and proof of education, I saw here that some people got their application returned because the agent thought that one of those two was missing.

Thanks for your input.

Mar 13, 2015
Let me offer my two cents (although pennies are no longer acceptable in Canada!)

Canadian citizenship is not a right! Perhaps not even a right to a privilege!

However, the rights which should be of focus are those regarding the rights of good faith applicants to be treated fairly, consistent with statutes, case law and CIC regulations (such as OB 407-D).

Whenever an errant CIC officer is derelict in his/her duties, and improperly and erroneously condemns a case file to the "non-routine" purgatory, then rights are involved. Fundamental rights are the steps in the path to citizenship. Although there are those who argue that citizenship is not a right, I challenge them to argue that applicants have no rights that citizenship officers adhere to statutes and CIC regulations!

Why do good faith applicants fear scrutiny? I invite, even demand the utmost level of scrutiny, because my qualifications are impeccable.

When an errant citizenship officer neglects due scrutiny, and with no knowledge of the case file, whatsoever, consigns it to the "non-routine" stack, not to be reviewed for 2 or 3 years, the aforementioned rights have been violated, and there is quasi-legal and legal recourse.

Friends, please avail yourselves of concrete rights, as I have mentioned, rather than illusory rights, such as "rights to notification", "rights to vacations", etc. I urge everyone to familiarise themselves with the CIC regulations, starting with OB 407-D, rather than wasting your time spooking each other, with rumours of rumours, or conflicting statements made by well-intentioned, yet uninformed call centre representatives.

Incidentally, for those of those on the "cusp", you may want to consider that a "cushion" of 5 days, or a "mattress" of 5 years, is statutorily the same. In fact, an errant citizenship officer might send an RQ request to the latter because he/she found an extended delay to file an application to be suspicious, since one meets the qualification of physical presence at 1,095 days. An attempt to apply logic, in lieu of knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations would be highly counterproductive!

Our case files were sent to the "non-routine" perpetual stack, because of a truthful, innocuous response made to a Nexus officer that we had made day trips to the United States. Per official CIC instructions, day trips are not to be reported on the CIT0002, nor on the Residence Calculator.

Remember, "Bureaucracy is as bureaucracy does. When in doubt, follow the rules! Otherwise, pray that your citizenship officer will follow the rules, as well, because even if he/she disobeys the rules, he/she will be safe from any repercussions for 3 to 4 years, when the case file is finally reviewed, and it is reclassified as "routine"!

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
na123 said:
All the 30 day comment period ends in 2 days. and I will have about 40 days left to be eligible to apply :p

Quick question: I will send my certified copy of my masters degree from canada, along with my grades?

Is that enough for language proof and proof of education, I saw here that some people got their application returned because the agent thought that one of those two was missing.

Thanks for your input.
I'm planning to sent photocopies of my masters transcript and degree certificate. I don't think it is necessary to send certified photocopies, they have asked just clear and legible photocopies.