+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effect on Citizenship processing

MAF

May 12, 2010
Hi,

I am in need of finding answer to the following question:

What would be the effect on the PR card renewal process and citizenship case. I am planning to apply for my citizenship in next couple of months, but my PR card will be expring by the end of the year. I would be also applying for the PR card renewal while my application for citizenship will be in progress. I understand that these are two different processes but still wondering if anyone has to deal with similar situation and was there any impacts on either of the processes in terms of the time lines i.e. was there any increase in time than usual for the citizenship case processing? and did PR card renewal take longer than usual?. Your response shall be highly appreciated. Thanks

Regards,
MAF

aadi

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
there would be n impact on the timelines on each process like u said both r different process, moreover u dont need a PR if u not planning to leave Canada until u get ur citizenship.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aadi is correct. You only have to send in a copy of your PR card with your citizenship application if you have one.

The two applications will not affect each other, either in regards to the timelines or anything else.

aadi said:
there would be n impact on the timelines on each process like u said both r different process, moreover u dont need a PR if u not planning to leave Canada until u get ur citizenship.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for a new PR card while my application for citizenship was being processed and the processing time for the PR card was normal.

Dec 14, 2009
Helloo MAF,
I have experienced same situation , I applied for my citizenship in March 2009 and my PR got expired in sept 2009 . Before the expiry of my PR , I applied for renewel of my PR and I got the PR card in JANUARY 2010. I have recieved my new PR. All I wanna tell you that there will be no effect on time of your citizenship process. you can apply for citizenship and PR at same times. There will be no problem in it. This is my personal experience.

regards,
Muhammad Afzal Khan