Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Hi All,
I have applied for a study permit. I also have a scholarship, a full scholarship, from a university, a public university. I want to ask that does scholarships have a major affect on the decision of getting a visa or not? Will a scholarship affect the decision of my visa or not? Is it beneficial or not? Secondly I want to ask that how long will it take to get a decision after the medical. Its about two weeks since I had my medical and how long will it take more?

mariogarza

May 13, 2008
I don't think the scholarship will have a negative effect in your application as long as you proved that you have enough founds for your stay at Canada. As for the time, wait for 3 more weeks. If you haven't received any answer by that time, you may email the Embassy. Don't forget to include your complete name, your date of birth and your file number.. at least, that's how it works here in Mexico

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
In most cases student visa is successful when you are asked for medical. Unless you have any major medical reasons I do not see any cause to worry about. Just relax and everything will be fine!
Thank you.

Reactions: Madlin

lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Hi,
Thank you both for your replies. I am very relieved to read your replies. Thank you.

lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Hi,
I have not still got anything from CIC. I resubmitted my passport after my medical on the 13th of june and today is approx 16 of june. It has been more than a month and I have not recieved any kind of notification from CIC. On the site thy have mention that it takes about 28 days to process 54% of the cases.

1- I want to ask that do they mean 28 working days or in general 28 days i.e 4 weeks in total???????
2- I also want to ask that does this time start from the first time I submitted my application or from the date I resubmitted my passport after medical???????
3- Is there any way to inquire about the current status of my application???????

Replies will be appreciated cause I am getting a little bit worried now.

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Though I do not have the specific answers to your all above questions, in my opinion you should not be worried. In most cases (depends on the Canadian embassy in your country) they issue you a visa after medical and after they ask for your passport.
I assume your semester starts in September,2008 do not worry still you have time. I also guess that embassy collects certain number of passports to issue visa for a day and deliver all those on a certain day.

Again do not worry.

Thank you.

lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Thank you all for your replies. I would like to inform you that today I got my Visa But they only gave me a year's visa although my study program is of two years. Anyways thanks to Allah that I got the visa and thank you all you guys for your replies which kept me calm.