+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effect of relocation on Sponsorship Application

zainabfis

Aug 6, 2014
Dear All,
My husband is a PR and came to Manitoba, Canada through MPNP.
He has applied on 15th February to sponsor our youngest child born in Pakistan, recently he has to move to Ontario for a job. Will there be any negative impact of his relocation to another province on my daughter's sponsorship application?
Please suggest, we are really upset for no news from cic since 23rd March.
Please suggest.

zainabfis

Aug 6, 2014
Thank you for the reply k.h.p. Infact my husband is getting a better job in Ontario, so he will have to move to Ontario in a couple of weeks. Can you further guide where to update and inform CIC of the change in his residential address?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This will be a big issue for your sponsor since he will no longer be able to sponsor anyone because your husband didn’t remain in Manitoba.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is that a requirement of the MPNP? Don't charter mobility rights trump anything in a PR program?
Not for the sponsorship program in Manitoba. If the person that you sponsored doesn’t remain in Manitoba you lose the ability to sponsor other people in the future.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Dear All,
My husband is a PR and came to Manitoba, Canada through MPNP.
He has applied on 15th February to sponsor our youngest child born in Pakistan, recently he has to move to Ontario for a job. Will there be any negative impact of his relocation to another province on my daughter's sponsorship application?
Please suggest, we are really upset for no news from cic since 23rd March.
Please suggest.
Who moved? Your husband or your youngest child?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Not for the sponsorship program in Manitoba. If the person that you sponsored doesn’t remain in Manitoba you lose the ability to sponsor other people in the future.
You lose the ability to sponsor via the MPNP program. But not any other ability to sponsor based on PR status.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You lose the ability to sponsor via the MPNP program. But not any other ability to sponsor based on PR status.
Yes but there are no other ways to sponsor friends and family. By moving to Ontario their friend or family member may not be able to sponsor their own family. I would suggest OP checks with their sponsor before moving to Ontario. It is the right thing to do after their friend/family member sponsored them.

Reactions: YVR123

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yes but there are no other ways to sponsor friends and family. By moving to Ontario their friend or family member may not be able to sponsor their own family. I would suggest OP checks with their sponsor before moving to Ontario. It is the right thing to do after their friend/family member sponsored them.
Are we confident the OP got PR via the Manitoba Connections category? Also, do you have a regulations citation for the suggestion that a sponsored person moving out of province makes them ineligible for family sponsorship via the family class? Is it a breach of an undertaking? I don't see a legal reason why the sponsor could not sponsor a family class member in the future.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
http://www.canadaexpressentry.org/provincial-nominee-program/manitoba.php

Manitoba Supporters must:

• Be able to prove, with documentation, current residency in Manitoba. They must be a permanent resident for at least one year.
  • Be either a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
  • Prove that any previously supported applicants have found success as a resident of Manitoba (does not apply if this current applicant is the first individual supported)
  • Be able to support the applicant as detailed in the Settlement Plan
  • Prove close ties to the applicant (this requirement was recently classified as redundant)