+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EEFSW Dilemma needs urgent help

OakwoodJoy

Feb 16, 2018
Hi guys,

Hope you all good!

I really need instruction on my dilemma urgently. On my EEFSW-ITA, I chose "No" to the question on "if you have a valid job offer in Canada" because I am holding PGWP and my job doesn't meet the requirements of a valid job offer even if it is permanent. However, I found if I chose "No", I don't know if I need to put my current job experience in the Work History or not because it may ask me to submit my job offer. Also, I noticed I have to submit my personal activity, which means I also need to mention the work experience in this field.

I was wondering if I just choose "No" at the beginning, later, don't mention anything about the job experience in Canada. Does it make sense? Is this all good to do this? I could use my previous work experience to apply.

Please help me with the dilemma I am very worried about it.

Thanks, best
JoyFish

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi guys,

Hope you all good!

I really need instruction on my dilemma urgently. On my EEFSW-ITA, I chose "No" to the question on "if you have a valid job offer in Canada" because I am holding PGWP and my job doesn't meet the requirements of a valid job offer even if it is permanent. However, I found if I chose "No", I don't know if I need to put my current job experience in the Work History or not because it may ask me to submit my job offer. Also, I noticed I have to submit my personal activity, which means I also need to mention the work experience in this field.

I was wondering if I just choose "No" at the beginning, later, don't mention anything about the job experience in Canada. Does it make sense? Is this all good to do this? I could use my previous work experience to apply.

Thanks, best
JoyFish
If you don't wish to get any points for the work experience, you can omit it from your work history. However, you will need to add it to your personal history. They won't ask you for a job letter or anything since you aren't getting points, but you do need to tell them what you were doing for that period.

You can also state all this in an LoE. There's nothing wrong with choosing to not get points as long as you are including it in your personal history.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Hi guys,

Hope you all good!

Thanks, best
JoyFish
The key word here is 'valid'. Only certain types of job offers with LMIA and/ or closed work permits qualify as 'valid' for IRCC. Hence, assuming your current job offer is not LMIA exempt, you need to select 'No' to the first question.
You can certainly enter your current employment details in your work history if you are claiming points for this particular employment and if you are not, just enter it in your personal history. In any case, you need to record that you are currently employed ( and clearly explain your stand in your letter of explanation).

P.S: If you have been working for your current employer for over a year, then your the current job offer may be considered LMIA-exempt.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html