+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE vs CSQ for Quebec graduate

Raghad

Aug 30, 2018
Hello ,

I received currently my PGWP after finishing my master degree from Quebec. Originally, I was planning to apply through the PEQ to obtain my CSQ but since it is getting more difficult I moved to Ottawa and was planning to apply to the EE ( I have a brother whose living there). However, recently I received an internship opportunity in Quebec for 8 months with a very good company and I don't want to miss this opportunity. However, I am scared that this will be dangerous if I apply to EE. I am for sure going back to Ottawa after finishing this internship. I dont know what to do I have the following options:

1- Apply anyway to EE while taking the internship in quebec ( I didnt start the application yet)
2- I am in level B1 in French so continue learning french untill the end of this internship and then apply to the CSQ

I am really confused and tried to contact many lawyers but for now it would cost me a fortune to get the real answer from anyone of them (eventually I'll do it if I dont have any clear direction)

Thanks a lot and any advice will help me in my situation

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Keep looking for intern in Ontario and DON NOT come back to quebec. If you apply for ee in quebec, you are in high change going into review required because of your residency. This review will continue over 6 month. If you stay and apply in Ontario, you may get pr in 1 month. Trust me, this is the best and safest way to get pr and it is the best choice for you to start your career.

Reactions: Raghad

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello ,

I received currently my PGWP after finishing my master degree from Quebec. Originally, I was planning to apply through the PEQ to obtain my CSQ but since it is getting more difficult I moved to Ottawa and was planning to apply to the EE ( I have a brother whose living there). However, recently I received an internship opportunity in Quebec for 8 months with a very good company and I don't want to miss this opportunity. However, I am scared that this will be dangerous if I apply to EE. I am for sure going back to Ottawa after finishing this internship. I dont know what to do I have the following options:

1- Apply anyway to EE while taking the internship in quebec ( I didnt start the application yet)
2- I am in level B1 in French so continue learning french untill the end of this internship and then apply to the CSQ

I am really confused and tried to contact many lawyers but for now it would cost me a fortune to get the real answer from anyone of them (eventually I'll do it if I dont have any clear direction)

Thanks a lot and any advice will help me in my situation
As said above, escape from Quebec. Anywhere in Canada is better than here. With xenophobic government and people supporting the mental flogging of migrants here, it's better you keep it as last alternative.

All the best

Reactions: Raghad