+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Profile through Immigration Consultant

echerian

Jul 14, 2018
Hi all,

Sorry, posting the same question again because i could not get a solution.

I had my Express Entry profile uploaded with the help of Immigration consultant whom i paid a fee. Now, I had two new updates:
1. I got married
2. I upgraded my WES report

I asked my agent to update my application with these new details but I did not receive any email for the change in my CRs. When I asked them, they told me that the IRCC could be delaying due to COVID19 situation which is understandable.

Its when I logged in myself to check, i noticed that it was not logged in for over 3 months so maybe they never took action on the update. And I viewed my profile to see that it still has my old details.

Does it mean that they are simply lying or is anyone else too seeing delays due to the on going lockdown? Also is there any activity log to see if any action was taken on my account?

Thanks in advance

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Are you pre-ITA or post-ITA?

If you're pre-ITA, it's very simple for you to see whether your information has been updated or not, by the ECA reference in the education section, and whether your status is married and your wife's details are in the personal details section.

If they've not been updated, your agent is lying. Updates to your EE online profile are not affected by the covid pandemic.

Just make the changes yourself if your agent is being negligent.

Aptechvisa

Mar 26, 2020
Hi,
In the Express Entry system, you can update your profile in any of stream. As you are married now, you can get additional spouse points which overall increase your chances to gain high CRS score. Furthermore, if you complete your spouse ECA as well as IELTS, you can still get extra points. Though, as far as COVID 19 is concerned, this epidemic has strongly impact on various visa processes. Just maintain patience and be positive. Might be there is delay in the process of your visa application.
In a nutshell, lockdown don't effected the updates things, your consultancy can update your new information in lockdown also and CIC is still working on it, just the process get little slow down. You can updates new information only when you have not received ITA (Invitation to apply) from Canadian Government.
Hope, this Helps!