+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE profile filled. No Invite from OINP. What to do next ?

get by

Mar 7, 2009
Hello,

I filled an EE profile earlier this year in March/April and have a score of 420. But I have not received an invite from ONIP. My work permit is expiring in a few months. Any help about this would be appreciated. How do I get an invite from ONIP ? Have they not been inviting people or When will they starting inviting?

Thanks!

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
get by said:
Hello,

I filled an EE profile earlier this year and have a score of 420. But I have not received an invite from ONIP. My work permit is expiring in a few months. Any help about this would be appreciated. How do I get an invite from ONIP ?

Thanks!
OINP is currently closed, it should open soon. Everyone is waiting.

Are you CEC of FSW? When does your work permit expire? Do you have any relatives in Canada who are a Canadian citizens or PR?.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
get by said:
Hello,

I filled an EE profile earlier this year in March/April and have a score of 420. But I have not received an invite from ONIP. My work permit is expiring in a few months. Any help about this would be appreciated. How do I get an invite from ONIP ? Have they not been inviting people or When will they starting inviting?

Thanks!
Ontario temporarily paused sending Notifications of Interest (NOIs) for the OINP Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry) stream since Feb 2016, It might open very soon, keep checking OINP website for more updates.

get by

Mar 7, 2009
omarimam said:
OINP is currently closed, it should open soon. Everyone is waiting.

Are you CEC of FSW? When does your work permit expire? Do you have any relatives in Canada who are a Canadian citizens or PR?.
I am under CEC. Work permit expires in 6 months. No relatives in Canada unfortunately.

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
get by said:
I am under CEC. Work permit expires in 6 months. No relatives in Canada unfortunately.
There are very promising news regarding International students and CEC category in general. By the end of this year, starting early next year more points will be rewarded towards International students specially those who have work experience in Canada.

I hope you can make the cut off before your work permit expires, and get an ITA ("then you can apply for BOWP").

All the best to you!

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
get by said:
Hello,

Thanks!
Its not yet running. :(

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
get by said:
Hello,

Thanks!
1. OINP is closed to the most of the streams
2. The only way for you to still recieve inviation would be the French stream (or corporate)
3. OINP may or may not reopen its main stream soon (at least we see, that they are moving with candiades from January).
4. With the current timing you still need to be aware, that you will wait like 1 year to get PNP and getting ITA after that. Only then you can apply for BOWP

Check all other possibilities including to apply for different PNP or getting student visa again. In worse case you might have to leave (but that does not mean that you cannot apply in EE anymore).
best luck

get by

Mar 7, 2009
vensak said:
1. OINP is closed to the most of the streams
2. The only way for you to still recieve inviation would be the French stream (or corporate)
3. OINP may or may not reopen its main stream soon (at least we see, that they are moving with candiades from January).
4. With the current timing you still need to be aware, that you will wait like 1 year to get PNP and getting ITA after that. Only then you can apply for BOWP

Check all other possibilities including to apply for different PNP or getting student visa again. In worse case you might have to leave (but that does not mean that you cannot apply in EE anymore).
best luck
My work permit expires end next summer. So if the OINP opens in jan .. what are my chances of receiving an invite or ITA in time. What if I ask my employer for an LMIA and apply for it before my permit expires. Would that help me stay in the country till my AOR or ITA arrives?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
get by said:
My work permit expires end next summer. So if the OINP opens in jan .. what are my chances of receiving an invite or ITA in time. What if I ask my employer for an LMIA and apply for it before my permit expires. Would that help me stay in the country till my AOR or ITA arrives?
Judging from the experience of the applicants of the last year, even I OINP Human stream would open today and you would recieve PT tomorrow, it might be too late for you.
It takes around 9 month for inland CEC and 12 months for outland FSW to get nomination after you have sent out all the documents.

You can still try the LMIA part, which depends on willingness of your employer.

Other than that you can check for other options.

get by

Mar 7, 2009
vensak said:
Judging from the experience of the applicants of the last year, even I OINP Human stream would open today and you would recieve PT tomorrow, it might be too late for you.
It takes around 9 month for inland CEC and 12 months for outland FSW to get nomination after you have sent out all the documents.

You can still try the LMIA part, which depends on willingness of your employer.

Other than that you can check for other options.
What are the other options. I am seeing no light at the end of this tunnel apart from getting a potential LMIA. Even that is a gamble.