+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE - Primary Applicant - Legal Name change

Rittuu Goel

Apr 25, 2019
Hello,

I am interested in EE and will be the Primary Applicant. This query is regarding Legal name change.

After marriage, I have changed my name and have subsequently changed my name in all the legal documents such as Passport / Indian PAN / Indian Aadhaar Card. However, I could not officially change my name in my educational documents & transcripts.

Now I am on the verge of applying for WES and have applied for official transcripts to be processed by my university. I need to know if I should create a profile in WES with my New name or old name?

It makes sense to create a profile in my old name as there will not be any confusions with my evaluation but the question is how will I connect the evaluation while filling in details in profile for EE.

Kindly note, I have all documents in my new name with an affidavit except for education documents (two full-time degrees from Bangalore University)

Please guide me in details regarding the same.

Your time & inputs are well appreciated.

Thank You.

Olubusayo

Oct 15, 2016
Hello,

I am interested in EE and will be the Primary Applicant. This query is regarding Legal name change.

After marriage, I have changed my name and have subsequently changed my name in all the legal documents such as Passport / Indian PAN / Indian Aadhaar Card. However, I could not officially change my name in my educational documents & transcripts.

Now I am on the verge of applying for WES and have applied for official transcripts to be processed by my university. I need to know if I should create a profile in WES with my New name or old name?

It makes sense to create a profile in my old name as there will not be any confusions with my evaluation but the question is how will I connect the evaluation while filling in details in profile for EE.

Kindly note, I have all documents in my new name with an affidavit except for education documents (two full-time degrees from Bangalore University)

Please guide me in details regarding the same.

Your time & inputs are well appreciated.

Thank You.
Create WES profile with your NEW name. U already have a change of name affidavit that states u have a new name and that all old documents (eg educational certificates) carrying your old name are still valid (I presume)
There is no way u will be able to change your name on your educational documents. That's what the change of name affidavit is for.
WES will note on your ECA that your surname is different.
All the best