+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE got refused after 3 months very confused........

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Saudamini said:
Mentioning Full Time is more for CEC Applicants or people who have a job offer or working currently in the job. They also need to ensure that Canadian Work Ex is Permanent. I guess International Work Ex, we need to write only hours per week, above or equal to 30/hours per week will be considered Full Time irrespective whatever the definations are
This is incorrect, CEC applicants do not have to be full-time or permanent.

And regardless of whether the company considers it part-time or full-time (or states it in the letter), hours worked per week must be stated in the letter so that IRCC can apply its own definition of full-time and part-time employment.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
DEEPCUR said:
So if there was an option to have either full time vs 40 hours/week in reference letter, which on these two do you think will convince the officer more?
not an option. hours worked per week is required. "full time" or "part time" is not.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
jes_ON said:
not an option. hours worked per week is required. "full time" or "part time" is not.
Thanks for confirming. That's my understanding too. This is what CIC says about reference letter.

should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

It's very evident that they only want number of hours per week in the letter and not the nature of the job.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
What I am saying is the word 'full time' is immaterial as it is highly subjective to a company.. one must have 40 hours a week in the letter, no matter what. It cannot be other ways.
well in india in most companies they will absolutely refuse to put number of hours per week , simply becoz we are not paid by the hour.... here if they mention full time that should suffice... my $0.02

i have 5 work experiences, only 2 mention number of hours per week and i got OINP nomination last year... i think even words "full time employee" should suffice

DRWOU

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
DEEPCUR said:
Thanks for confirming. That's my understanding too. This is what CIC says about reference letter.

should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

It's very evident that they only want number of hours per week in the letter and not the nature of the job.
you can also supplement your letter if the number of hours worked are missing with complete paystubs (that info is usually on a paystub)

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
DEEPCUR said:
So if there was an option to have either full time vs 40 hours/week in reference letter, which on these two do you think will convince the officer more?
Definitely 40 hours per week. That what I have in my letter (well actually 44 hours per week). IRCC will see that this is more than 30 hours a week and will automatically classify as full time.

I think you're getting mixed up with LMIA/ICT people that must present a job offer valid for after they get PR that must state is full time, but this has nothing to do with the actual reference letters that talk about your past/current work experience.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
thestunner316 said:
well in india in most companies they will absolutely refuse to put number of hours per week , simply becoz we are not paid by the hour.... here if they mention full time that should suffice... my $0.02

i have 5 work experiences, only 2 mention number of hours per week and i got OINP nomination last year... i think even words "full time employee" should suffice
That could be because you would have met sufficient points required by them just with those two jobs. I know someone who got additional documents request from OINP for not mentioning hours in the letter and the person had to submit email from his manager stating work hours. You can google this forum and check it out. I had PMed that person and clarified how he tackled the issue as he was working for the same company that I did.

So hours are definitely must, the word full time is not! :)

ashpkgo70

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanpatel30 said:
My EE got refused due to there is no duties and responsibilities mentioned in the letter even though I provided paystubs, T4, NOA
Job responsibilities are most important part of express entry. Basically express entry relies on this. You need to provide them the jobs, roles and responsibilities letter from your college, get it notarized and apply again. Remember without this letter you won't make it to PR. Get the letter as your profile depends on it.

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
Soon :)
msudershan2 said:
Sorry Sanpatel 30...

Now I am afraid too...

I showed 5 years of Work Ex -

Job 1: 2121 - Provided everything except Duties and Responsibilities, however, I got brief letter from ex-colleague for roles and responsibilities, and that letter also mentions that I was Research Scientist. Also I have attached awards I received from conducting PK / PD analysis for animal and human studies.

Job 2: 4163 - 10 Months - Everything is included

Job 3: 4163 - 23 Months - Everything is included

My points would be sufficient as I got ITA On Oct 19, provided that they consider 33 Months Work (2.75 Years as 3 Years) as for FSW 3 Years is the Limit (without Job 1), but I don't know...It been 4.5 Months and my Application is with NDVO since March 2017...I got ITA on Nov 27.......This is really sad
Don't be afraid as you have almost crossed 4 months. Everything shall be fine :)

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
That could be because you would have met sufficient points required by them just with those two jobs. I know someone who got additional documents request from OINP for not mentioning hours in the letter and the person had to submit email from his manager stating work hours. You can google this forum and check it out. I had PMed that person and clarified how he tackled the issue as he was working for the same company that I did.

So hours are definitely must, the word full time is not! :)
well i disagree... hours are important, but not the be all and end all

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
thestunner316 said:
Check this..

//
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reference-letter-format-t391022.0.html;msg5162630#msg5162630

I need a help.I have got document request from OINP in which they demanded
-Proof of hours worked per week at TATA Consultancy
-Proof of work experience at TATA Consultancy –
--Employment contract

In my application I have submitted skill certificate in which it is mentioned that I was full time employee.
and for work experience,service letter show date of joining and date of leaving.

Please guide me what else I can submit as an evidence.
//

The skill certificate with TCS that he is referring lists 5 responsibilities of the employees with start and end date with the word full time. It doesn't have hours.

If hours are not important, how will CIC know if you have worked 30+ hours per week or not? As we discussed earlier, full time is highly subjective definition and varies by company to company. It's not 40 hours all over the world.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
thestunner316 said:
I think you're correct, every country is different and if you can't get the hours down on the reference letter due to cultural issues then so long as you've explained this convincingly in a LoE it's fine.

However, India much like Brazil is a very bureaucratic country so I find it hard to believe that you guys don't have some way to control your work hours... Either explicitly stated in you employment contract or a clock in and out of the office. I guess I'm saying that there should be some document you can submit to show that you work more than 30 hours a week.

BIZZIB

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
I got a status update from CIC stating
- You have passed medicals
- we don't need any further documentation
- You don't need an interview
- Your BG check is under process
But my eligibility review is still open. I have not mentioned duties in my reference letters for past jobs/letters. But I got that now from the company. Does it make sense to upload those using a CSE form now ?
Or is that stage already passed and doesn't need any more, as I can see the status changed.
Will I be confusing the officer by uploading a document at this stage? Please help

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
BIZZIB said:
I got a status update from CIC stating
- You have passed medicals
- we don't need any further documentation
- You don't need an interview
- Your BG check is under process
But my eligibility review is still open. I have not mentioned duties in my reference letters for past jobs/letters. But I got that now from the company. Does it make sense to upload those using a CSE form now ?
Or is that stage already passed and doesn't need any more, as I can see the status changed.
Will I be confusing the officer by uploading a document at this stage? Please help
This is important information that can really help overturn a negative recommendation from a case analyst so I'd upload that information ASAP.

Consider putting basic information such as your AOR date, your stream, Inland/Outland in you signature to get better recommendations, without knowing your AOR date, stream and your BC change patterns it's impossible to guess where in the process you're at!