+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Application with Immigration Consultant

darkven91

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I have hired an immigration consultant long ago (authorized by ICCRC and I checked his credentials) and he submitted my EE application last week on my behalf, it is in the pool right now.

H sent me a confirmation page of that from the EE website and I asked him to provide me with the credentials but he isn't authorized to do so. Is this normal? How is it possible that I don't have access over my EE (even for just viewing to make sure the things he entered is correct).

Up until this point I didn't sign any Use of a Representative Form (IMM 5476) and when I asked them about it if I need to do it BEFORE submission they told me there is no need right now. I've read in CIC's website that I would be the only one responsible for my application regardless if I hire someone to do so or not... How can I make sure of that if I can't access my application?! Should I notify CIC about this?

Regards,
darkven91

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They have to give you the credentials. Ask him again and if he refuse, complain to the ICCRC.

Do you even know what was entered into the profile? With no use of rep signed, you could have unintentionally misrepresent your self if the consultant enter wrong or false information.

You could also call CIC and explain the situation. Maybe they might be able to help you get access to the account. Worse come, withdraw your profile and re-enter the pool.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
dlre said:
They have to give you the credentials. Ask him again and if he refuse, complain to the ICCRC.
Not true, the consultant is right. They have a special portal to manage multiple clients.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/portal.asp

darkven91

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
NOC Code......
Okay I'm aware of the portal thing they have but I'm asking if there is a way just to check on my EE application... I just want to VIEW it nothing more.

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
Not true, the consultant is right. They have a special portal to manage multiple clients.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/portal.asp
I have assumed the consultant created a login separate from their own as most consultant and lawyers I know do that.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
dlre said:
I have assumed the consultant created a login separate from their own as most consultant and lawyers I know do that.
Yes, my consultant did that as well, and she shared with me the login and password, as she was apparently ignorant about the consultant portal.

darkven91 said:
Okay I'm aware of the portal thing they have but I'm asking if there is a way just to check on my EE application... I just want to VIEW it nothing more.
Ask them to take screenshots if they can't give you the login.