+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE and PNP (non Express Entry)

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I applied through Express Entry in September and after that I also got a PNP from Alberta (non-Express entry) in last December.

Now, I am now waiting for a decision to my EE application.

While waiting, I just have some questions running through my head and maybe someone can share his knowledge about it, so everybody can benefit.

As a plan B, can I apply for PNP stream (paper based) in parallel with the EE application ? to save some time in case something happens to the EE.

I am not sure if one can have 2 applications for immigration (different programs) at the same time at CIC or not , can anybody refer to information regarding this issue on CIC website ? I personally did not find.

Is it a good idea to use the Alberta PNP or just I can re-apply for EE again if something happened?

Will the processing time be quicker if somebody applies for EE for a second time after a first rejection ?

Thanks.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yes to all, as long as you pay the fees for both applications. Sorry I lost the CIC link but I'm pretty sure I read that it's possible, just withdraw the other application when the other progresses.

For the last question, it depends on the reason for rejection. It'll only be fast if it was rejected because of a mistake by CIC.