+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EDUCATION - NAME AND PLACE OF INSTITUTE

ocean555

Nov 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELLO EVERYONE!

I HAVE A DOUBT ABOUT MY UNIVERSITY....

I DID B.B.A [3 YEARS] IN AN INSTITUTE IN MY CITY WHICH IS UNDER THE SCHOOL OF DISTANCE EDUCATION OF AN INDIAN UNIVERSITY.

BUT IN MY DEGREE FINAL CERTIFICATE AND IN MY MARK LISTS ONLY UNIVERSITY NAME IS WRITTEN....NO INSTITUTE OR DISTANCE EDUCATION IS MENTIONED.

SO I WANT TO KNOW ...IN APPLICATION FORM ... BACK GROUND DECLARATION.... IN POINT 10 ....CAN I JUST PUT MY UNIVERSITY NAME AND INDIA OR HAVE TO PUT INSTITUTE NAME AND ADDRESS OF MY CURRENT CITY ...

THEN IN PERSONAL HISTORY...........SINCE I STUDIED FOR BBA HERE AND NOT IN INDIA...SO I WILL WRITE MY UNIVERSITY NAME AND MY CURRENT CITY NAME??

BOTH PLACES SHOULD I WRITE SAME INFORMATION??

I DONT LIVE IN INDIA...AND I AM NOT INDIAN..

APPRECIATE ANY RESPONSE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

windtunnel

Sep 10, 2009
Get a letter from the institute saying that you have done your degree under distance education and make sure u mention the following:

1. The duration of the course
2. The number of contact hours per week/per year
3. "The full-time equivalent" duration of the course

For education related fields, write the name of the university. For background declaration/personal history, write the institute name.

adam912

Star Member
Oct 11, 2009
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo Egypt
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17 th
here's what i did and please correct me if i'm wrong anyone

in education section i put name of institution and its address (in the US)
in personal history i put name of institution and where i live (Egypt)

university is sending me a sealed letter with my transcript, stating that it is a distance education school and that it is equivalent to 1 year of full time studies, to be submitted when asked for full docs!
HTH

ocean555

Nov 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE REPLIES.

I DID MY BBA ALMOST 3 YRS AGO...WILL TRY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE INSTITUTE.

SO WE NEED TRANSCRIPTS TOO??

I THOUGHT ATTESTED COPY OF THE DEGREE CERTIFICATE WILL BE ENOUGH.

windtunnel

Sep 10, 2009
Transcripts are required. If there's a real difficulty in obtaining them, you may try to get the degree certificate and all marksheets attested. In my case, I did that and CHC accepted it. However, I cannot speak for all CHCs.

ocean555

Nov 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot windtunnel :)

i'll get in touch with my university and institute...

my application is straight forward...since i am single with no children ...and i dont want to make any silly mistakes in case i get lucky and they pass my application to visa office.

All the best!

ocean555

Nov 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello again....i spoke to my institute..they are saying they can't give a letter stating i did BBA degree but they can issue a letter saying i did a management training with them,,,,so i am thinking if i mention the institute name in personal history, later will CHC ask for a letter from the institute?

if accepted by CIO, i plan to send attested degree certificate and marklists to London visa office..like u did.... as chances are slim for transcripts from my univesity in india.
wht u think?

neways i kno there is no specific things to say for wht the visa office will do ...but one last qs...

is notarized and attested...the same thing?

thnks in advance...

windtunnel

Sep 10, 2009
I think the correct word is notarized, not attested.

BTW its very odd that your institute is not willing to give a letter saying that u have done a BBA degree. Sounds pretty shady to me.

At least try to get them to write that you 'studied management to obtain a qualification by University X' or something similar.

This letter is not a major requirement but for distance education, OP6 manual mentions that there are lots of frauds happening and they require immigration officials to verify distance educations credentials more meticulously. So u need to be a bit careful.