+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education Credential Assessment

risingfire

Jun 5, 2017
Dear All,

I would like to evaluate my education credential for express entry. I looked at the wes.org/ca website also try to call them on the 416-972-0070, but didn't able to talk to anyone. I have a lot of question regarding evaluating my documents. I was wondering if anyone who has recent experience with evaluating documents within Canada can answer my questions/share their experience? Here's my question:-

1) I have completed my Ph.D. in 2015. As my Ph.D. was completely research based, so I only have my degree, no marks transcripts. In this case, if I only send my degree for evaluation will that work?

2) I have all my degree and mark sheets for masters and bachelors. It's been 10 years now (completed M.Sc and B.Sc), I am not sure whether my previous university will directly send the transcripts to WES (as mentioned/required on the wes.org/ca website). In this case, would it be acceptable by WES if I send/fax the attested photocopy of my degree and mark sheets instead of the university?

I am really looking forward to any answer. And would highly appreciate any reply.

Many Thanks,

P.S : - I have completed all my education from India.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear All,

I would like to evaluate my education credential for express entry. I looked at the wes.org/ca website also try to call them on the 416-972-0070, but didn't able to talk to anyone. I have a lot of question regarding evaluating my documents. I was wondering if anyone who has recent experience with evaluating documents within Canada can answer my questions/share their experience? Here's my question:-

1) I have completed my Ph.D. in 2015. As my Ph.D. was completely research based, so I only have my degree, no marks transcripts. In this case, if I only send my degree for evaluation will that work?
For the Ph.D only the degree is required.

2) I have all my degree and mark sheets for masters and bachelors. It's been 10 years now (completed M.Sc and B.Sc), I am not sure whether my previous university will directly send the transcripts to WES (as mentioned/required on the wes.org/ca website). In this case, would it be acceptable by WES if I send/fax the attested photocopy of my degree and mark sheets instead of the university?
For your previous education you can get the transcripts from the university in a sealed envelope and ship it to WES. If your university takes too long, you can even get copies of your transcript and degree, get them certified from your university and ask them to seal it in a university envelope, which you can send to WES.

I am really looking forward to any answer. And would highly appreciate any reply.

Many Thanks,

P.S : - I have completed all my education from India.

Reactions: risingfire

risingfire

Jun 5, 2017
Thanks very much for your reply. One more question:-
1) Is it necessary to take the attested photocopy in the sealed envelope? What if I got the photocopy attested and then myself (in an another envelope ) send them to the wes? I am asking this because I am in Canada right now and I don't think the university will send this overseas in a sealed envelope. I can ask my friend to get it attested and then send me the scan.

2) Do I need to ask my university to send my Ph.D. degree to WES? The degree I think I can forward directly to wes?

Thanks,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks very much for your reply. One more question:-
1) Is it necessary to take the attested photocopy in the sealed envelope? What if I got the photocopy attested and then myself (in an another envelope ) send them to the wes? I am asking this because I am in Canada right now and I don't think the university will send this overseas in a sealed envelope. I can ask my friend to get it attested and then send me the scan.

WES will not accept documents from you, they require it in sealed envelopes from the educational institution which issued it.

2) Do I need to ask my university to send my Ph.D. degree to WES? The degree I think I can forward directly to wes?

Yes.

Thanks,

risingfire

Jun 5, 2017
Hello legalfalcon,

Thank you very much for the reply. I will get the attested photocopies of degree and mark sheet from my universities in a sealed official envelope (as you suggested). Once I will get them I will put the reference number on top of every envelope and forward them together to WES. Now my question is: - on the envelope does university need to mention the WES address or they can mention my address? As these documents I will arrange with the help of my friends and family, so is it ok if I ask them not to mention any address on the envelope (as they can send me this sealed document in another parcel directly address to me)?

There is also a form named "International transcript request form (http://www.wes.org/ca/required/international_transcript_request.pdf(http://www.wes.org/ca/required/international_transcript_request.pdf)". Is it necessary to filled and get this form signed and include separately for B.Sc, Msc, and Ph.D.?

Many Thanks,
Reema,

Last edited:

rashmiaro

Jan 16, 2017
Dear Reema,

The Best and the easiest way to go ahead would be asking your friend or relative in india to get the transcripts which have to sealed & stamped at the back by the university registrar(both for B.sc & M.sc) from the universities, and mail them to you (courier / speed post, no email) , when you recieve them , take a single large envelope and put all the Transcripts (sealed envelopes) along with degree copies in that mentioning your wes ref no on each of them, including your phd degree copy and then you can personally mail the envelope to wes canada (Do mention your ref no on top of the envelope as well)

No need of including the transcript request form.

Kiara1987

Sep 9, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have a query in regard to the assessment I received from WES for my post-graduate certificate - In the results' letter, there are two mentions which seem to be quite confusing. These are:
  • Canadian Equivalency: Post graduate diploma from a non-recognized institution
Please help me understand how do I read this - given that they have provided a Canadian equivalency for it, can I use it for my Express Entry form? or should I refer to the status note?

Need some help on this - kindly guide.

Thanks!

Kanika1990

Sep 17, 2020
dear all

Iam a company secretary and holding bachelors degree
My bachelors degree evaluation has been done my WES but i was planning to get my company secretary degree evaluated for this i need to restore my membership and apply for transcripts.
I would need help to know that is company secretary degree is equivalent to bachelors or masters??
Kindly help with this.