+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education Assessment - WES

hiddu4u

Mar 2, 2016
Hi All

Can you please help on how to do the education assessment (WES). or Should I have to take the help of consulting firm only?

Can't we submit the documents to WES on our own?

is this the correct link to do the WES for Canada? ' www . wes . org / ca / index . asp

Or can you help with link and process to be followed to do the education assessment.

Regards
Shaik

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hiddu4u said:
Hi All

Can you please help on how to do the education assessment (WES). or Should I have to take the help of consulting firm only?

is this the correct link to do the WES for Canada? ' www . wes . org / ca / index . asp

Or can you help with link and process to be followed to do the education assessment.

Regards
Shaik
http://www.wes.org/ca/eca/
Do not waste your money by paying immigration consultants. It is a straight forward process and you can do it yourself. You need to create an account and pay the required fee. You get a reference number and using 'document request form' request your institution to send your transcripts in a sealed envelope to WES. You can have a look at the requirements based on each country.

Blessme12

Mar 13, 2016
Hi Everybody,
Kindly advise pls, i have 2 degrees-Master and BSc. i only had the highest of them (i.e Master) evaluated by an ECA in canada which equated it to a master degree in canada as well. while filling out my profile in the express entry database, i was asked if i had both credentials evaluated by an ECA in canada and i selected ''YES" for the master degree and ''No'' for the BSc. How would this affect my overall CRS? Would it reduce my CRS? Kindly note that before i started my application, i did the eligibility test on the CIC website and was successful

Pls advise!

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blessme12 said:
Hi Everybody,
Kindly advise pls, i have 2 degrees-Master and BSc. i only had the highest of them (i.e Master) evaluated by an ECA in canada which equated it to a master degree in canada as well. while filling out my profile in the express entry database, i was asked if i had both credentials evaluated by an ECA in canada and i selected ''YES" for the master degree and ''No'' for the BSc. How would this affect my overall CRS? Would it reduce my CRS? Kindly note that before i started my application, i did the eligibility test on the CIC website and was successful

Pls advise!
You will get points for the Master degree.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Blessme12 said:
Does it mean i would not get any point for my BSc degree? Pls throw more light on this
The Master Degree is ABOVE the Bachelor Degree. So you will get the total for the Master Degree. Don't worry.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
hiddu4u said:
Hi All

Regards
Shaik
did you complete ?

Fahad127

Mar 15, 2016
Need Help!!!

As per ICAS requirement, I sent the Documents for HEC Attestation in a sealed envelope and also attached a cover letter for sealing the envelope through Leopard Courier (As HEC has now Authorized Leopard Courier). But They have not sent the Photocopies in an sealed envelope, upon asking Leopard office and then they called HEC Islamabad in front of me, Their Guy at HEC Islamabad told them to ask me to get it sealed from HEC Karachi office which will be equally accepted internationally.

Then, I went To HEC Karachi office and asked them and they sealed the HEC Islamabad attested photocopies in White Colored Official HEC Envelope but have stamped it as HEC Karachi, I even asked the HEC Karachi Official who sealed the envelope that, Will ICAS Canada accept it, he said: "Sure they will"

So my question is will this sealed envelope be accepted by ICAS? or will they ask for sealed Envelope from Islamabad?

Need Urgent Reply.

Thank you.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Is WES really serious?

Firstly, they never answer the phone nor hardly give you any valuable information via email that could actually help you.

Secondly, the school sends them documents and you have no clue if your school screws things up!! You are also supposed to send them copies and STILL they insist that something would be missing?? Are they kidding me?? :eek:

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Finally I got somebody on the phone. He said that the docuements I submitted yesterday had not been reviewed, yet and the status will change within two days or so. Strangely, I just received an email saying that they were still required and the stauts of my account still claims the same "Waiting for documents" and still lists the ones that arrived at their office yesterday and had been reviewed. ???

When they received the copied documents they ask for from me yesterday the status went from "Waiting for documents" to "Documents received - review in progress", now it's back to "Waiting for documents" ... and he claims they have not been reviewed, yet!! He claims, the last update to my file was on Friday, not today. I am confused!! Anyone had similar experience with WES?!

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
OhWow said:
Is WES really serious?

Firstly, they never answer the phone nor hardly give you any valuable information via email that could actually help you.

Secondly, the school sends them documents and you have no clue if your school screws things up!! You are also supposed to send them copies and STILL they insist that something would be missing?? Are they kidding me?? :eek:
It just not WES, In Canada everyone want Educational Certificates etc comes to them directly by university .

I struggle for couple of years when my wife applied for teaching licence, and they want everything sent to them from Educational institution and Employer directly.

All UK work experience and Education certificate were good, people send from there quickly as requested . but when things came for Mumbai, India . they make us cry.
Work experience once you mention while filling form, even if it for 6 month period, and you did that 12 years ago , no one care , they need it from employer . and same with education certificate, even if any extra certificate you mention, which is irrelevant to licence you need here, In Canada they wont start process unless they get those education certificate official copy (seal and sign photo copy) , in sealed envelop .

Worst case, when you did your Graduation from well known collages, degree issue by Mumbai university, they want all 3 year mark sheet from university. whereas we provided first 2 year transcript from collage and third year from university plus degree from university, but Teaching licencing didn't touch file. Cost us lot of money on top of there regular fees of 2500 Rs each official copy to get 3 Grad degree (B.A, LLB, B.ED) , and 2 PG degree (MA, M Ed) , mark sheet and Degree (total 16 Docs or Pages) official copy after our inlaws wasted 2 years with university. Mumbai University Clerks are so rude, they always put one or other points like Bring Originals, then Bring Applicant from Canada, Then application got misplaced, then need affidavit etc etc . Then someone comes to them and tell about one of "one guy" who can get it done for additional 50,000 Rs service fees, day we gave him contract after negotiating service charges to 40K , all our remaining official copy were dispatch same week , No one then ask applicant/student to come from Canada again in front of new clerk with original document, nor any affidavit needed and neither any application got missed again.

Not sure why Mumbai University Clerk have problem in sending official copy as soon we request by our self. But we regret that why we wasted 2 years and make our inlaws go Mumbai university several time, we should get service of that guy on first place .

In short, anyone coming from India, Please get 2 set of all Transcript, Degree ,sealed and sign by University stating its official copy. put in envelop and get stamp on envelop too. seal it and keep with you. in case you need to submit those in Canada you can simply use them saving lot of time hassle and money.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
I attached a letter saying my university will send the other docs. Apparently, they did not read it and simply marked some of my personal copies as rejected. Ridiculous.