+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eduaction loan related experience--share here please

sani014

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,please share your experiences in getting an education loan so others, like me, can benefit from them.

also post all your loan related questions here, so all answers are available in a single thread

INDIA specific thread,but all comments are welcome

Can you please post which bank approved your loan and how much loan did you take?
How much time did the bank take to process your loan and other details?

sani014

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@mayank_6
I am going for a loan from SBT.
are you going for a diploma course.When I asked SBI they said they do not issue loan for diploma courses.

sani014

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayank_6 said:
For Masters
What did the bank say when you approached them?what are you giving as collateral.
when i asked the bank said they need collateral for loans above 7.5lacs.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
I have not approached yet but yes they are saying correct and for Diploma they are reluctant to issue Loan.

I will be showing property , I suppose. lets c how it goes

sani014

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayank_6 said:
I have not approached yet but yes they are saying correct and for Diploma they are reluctant to issue Loan.

I will be showing property , I suppose. lets c how it goes
I am also giving property as collateral.
Praying to god that they will issue loan to diploma course

Does anyone know a bank that will issue the loan easily.my whole dream of going to Canada depends on me getting the loan.
please help......

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

sani014 said:
@ mayank_6
I am going for a loan from SBT.
are you going for a diploma course.When I asked SBI they said they do not issue loan for diploma courses.

1. You won't get study loan for diploma courses from SBI and PNB (Not sure about other leading public sector banks).

sani014

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@enfield
is it possible to create a list of all the banks who have given loans-to know the bank most probable to give a loan?
It may make it easier for others to know which bank to approach.

student99

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
i applied on 27 feb for may intake . i got loan letter from Karnataka bank , i made 6 lakhs fixed deposit in the bank for 6 lakhs loan which made process easy and fast to get a loan letter

( banks have annual targets :D FD in their banks , will make our process easy and fast )

some banks dont give loan for diplomo courses , but not all

2) And its not compulsory to avail loan if u dont want u can reject it . ::)

student99

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
krishnanrao21 said:
HI,
when I approached SBI they said the will provide 100% loan without margin , is this possible.

it is possible but not many banks do that . please be very careful about the interest rate , ie check whether it is simple or compound. Will it change once you start repayment?

amarnadh007

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loans are providing based on your present education. If you need loan for Diploma with HSE they will provide. But if you apply with Diploma for diploma they will not provide. Loans are available for Further Studies or advanced studies

sani014

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishnanrao21 said:
HI,
when I approached SBI they said the will provide 100% loan without margin , is this possible.
which course are you applying for??

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

krishnanrao21 said:
HI,

1. With PNB, you will have to pay 15% margin.